1/19/09

POEMS BY UICRC BROTHER AND SISTER AUTHORS


53 comments:

Anonymous said...

Puppy Haiku

The puppies are soft
They like to play with people
I like to pet them

Anonymous said...

One Thing I Know
By: Martin

Carlos is funny.

Carlos is tall.

Carlos is a basketball player.

Carlos is a good driver.

One thing

I know-

I DO

LIKE Carlos.

Anonymous said...

I Wish I Owned Hollister
By Amber

I wish I owned Hollister,
Because I love the models that wear the clothes
And they have long lasting lip gloss.

I wish I owned Hollister,
Because the smell of the store is amazing
And the rock music is super.

I wish I owned Hollister,
Because I dream of it
I just hope it comes true.

I wish, I just wish

Anonymous said...

I jog in the snow, when its cold I run.
I'm hyper and laughing it is so much fun.
I jump up and down all around.

Anonymous said...

First She Was Free And Then She Was Trapped
By Esther Silva

First She Was Free and Then She Was Trapped
By Esther Silva
Free
nice, happy
speaking, giggling, living friends, laughter, Secret Annex,Auschwitz
killing, hiding, writing
depressed, frustrated
Trapped

Anonymous said...

I Am Waiting

I am waiting for no gangs and guns
and I am waiting
for people not to judge others
and I am waiting for friends not to be backstabbers
and I am waiting
for the discovery
of god because the world would be a better place
and I am waiting
for Chris Brown
to be my best friend
and I am waiting
for the economy to be better and everyone to have a job
which will make the world happy
forever
and I am waiting for my brothers to get older
and I am perpetually awaiting to graduate from college

Anonymous said...

Math is Easy

Math is easy,
It feels like 1+1,
Expressions are a breeze,
Decimals are easy,
Fractions are a piece of cake.

“Hard problems,”
“Challenge problems,”
The teacher says are hard,
But they are not,
They are easy.

The only problem is,
My classmates make
Careless mistakes like,
7*7=42 and 29-3=27,
And the problems are easy.

Math is easy,
So is pi.

Anonymous said...

Gold

Gold looks like the bright goldfish that swims under the frigid water.

Gold sounds like the buzz of a honey bee.

Gold feels like money that falls out of your hand.

Gold tastes like crunchy gold fish crackers.

Gold smells like sweet white jellybean.

Gold makes me feel excited.

Gold is the sun in the morning.

Anonymous said...

Krist
By Krist Vinotai

Kids like to play with me.
Reading and learning about dinosaurs is fun.
I like exploring.
Sometimes I am curious.
The sport I love best is baseball.

Anonymous said...

Erik Said…
Day of time dime, paper, and newspaper

Once upon a time,
I got a dime
I saw it in slime
But it smell like lime
I got on my coat
But it was ate by a goat
I ran to a boat
But I was in a moat
I got my paper
But it got covered by a taper
When I took off the taper
It got clean by a scraper
Then the scraper got a graper
And got on the newspaper

Anonymous said...

Hammerhead Shark Haiku
by Nicholas Chiu

People catch the shark.
Their head looks like a hammer.
They are on a boat.

Anonymous said...

Wrinkled Turtle
By Samantha Jimenez

The turtle’s shell looks like a mountain

It feels wrinkled like my grandma’s hand

It has an indestructible shell

Turtles are slow like a crawling baby

Anonymous said...

SpongeBob SquarePants Haiku
by Nicholas Chiu

SpongeBob is squishy.
He lives in the big blue sea.
He has dots on him.

Anonymous said...

Katherine


I’m as humorous as a hyena,
I’m as quiet as a mouse,
I’m as stubborn as a mule,
I’m as lazy as a cat,
I’m as speedy as a cheetah,
I’m as tin as a crane,
I’m as clumsy as a baby faun,
I’m as busy as a beaver,

By Katherine Pierce

Anonymous said...

Erik Said...

Orange

Orange is leaves, pumpkin, and angry
Orange is the taste of Mac and cheese
Orange smells like fall and crayons
Orange makes me feel mad
Orange is the sound of spark and peel
Orange is sunset, Grand Canyon, and limestone
Orange is Cones
Orange is Summer
Orange is Pencil

Anonymous said...

I Am

I am a hardworking student and musician.
I wonder if Im going to get a good grade.
I hear me playing the guitar.
I see students playing chess at school.
I want to learn more about animals.
I am a hardworking student and musician.

I pretend that I am in my own world.
I feel happy when I make cartoons with my friends.
I touch my drum when I am in music class.
I worry that Im going to get a word wrong on the spelling bee.
I cry when I go home because I love school.
I am a hardworking student and musician.

I understand that I take a lot of tests at school.
I say that I'm awesome!
I dream that I am a super hero.
I try my best in school.
I hope the year is almost over because I want to be ten.
I am am a hardworking student and musician.

Anonymous said...

BioPoem
airriona
nice respectful happy kindness
daugher of gwen airrion
lover of holidays vactions gymnics
who feels fearless outside happy with friends peacful when i am shopping
who gives love forgiving careing
who fears cats squirrels skunks
who would like to see las veags newyork kansa
who lives chicago
jones

Anonymous said...

shrimp
you are a spicy giant shrimp
crunchy orange Delicious you make
me feel bless you are juicy i am
wishing that i can see you every
day and my stomach be grounding everyday ready to eat dinner and the
orange shrimp are fantastic

Anonymous said...

Being a dreamer
Is miserable

I daydream
I’ll gladly explain
I see wonderful things
But my teacher doesn’t know that

He says “wake up”
I shake

to be continued

Anonymous said...

Smyth School
By Gleniqua

The walls reddish brown

Sounds quiet and sometimes loud

Frog dissection smell

Anonymous said...

The Power of Rain

As I ponder outside my windowpane,
I view each raindrop as a person.
And if we come together,
We can share in the beauty of what we just created:
A rainfall.
Yet, if we work hard enough,
And with a little sunshine,
We can partake in the delight of what we just created:
A rainbow.

By: Becky Hermanson

Anonymous said...

Friends

My favorite TV show is Friends.
I watch it everyday at 12a.m.
I watch it because it’s funny.
It makes me think I’m in it.
I have friends. Plenty.
Children, teenagers, and adults.
I think every time I watch it,
That I make new friends everyday.
Everyone plays, everyone has friends, everyone has fun,
And everyone wins.

By: Jakiria Williams

Anonymous said...

Brandon said

WINTER

I feel...bitter, bitter cold, like when i step into the snow
--or out of the shower.
I wiggle and shiver-
My nose is a glow!

I see...children throwing snowballs, and hiding behind the hill.
They scream so loud -they're on RED.
Throwing snow is a thrill.

I smell... hot chocolate..coming from the house.
It tastes hot and steaming sweet-
I want it now
Winter is neat!!!!

Anonymous said...

Erik Said....
Hands

Big,Small
Thumb,Bones,Knuckles
Movement,Touching,Holding
Finger Print,Crack,Double-jointed
Boys,Girls

Anonymous said...

Hair jealousy

In the morning I get up and my hair is wild
My hair is like a Lion
I brush my hair back in a pony tail when I go to school.
I pull the curls when I am board it gets my mom furious because it gets frizzy
I paint my hair red because I get sick of black all the time.
My hair is good to do different hair styles like keeping it down and pushing it back.
Dania flat irons my hair it takes her about 2 to 3 hours.
My hair is different and it gets people jealous

By: Angelica G. Moreno

Anonymous said...

Lyndsey's perspective of a daydreamer in school:

Being a dreamer
Is miserable

I daydream
I’ll gladly explain
I see wonderful things
But my teacher doesn’t know that

He says, “Wakeup”
I shake,
“What’s going on here?”
I ask my neighbor
She says, “You should have been paying attention”

And I daydream from the beginning of the school year
To the ending of the school year.
My teacher talks about volcanoes
And my mind goes to Hawaii
The teacher talks about the water cycle
And I think about water parks
The teacher talks about how the weather changes
I wish our COLD weather can be like FLORIDA’S WARM weather

I try to snap out of it!!
Mom says to go to bed earlier
Try to stop daydreaming
And take notes while the teacher is talking

Truly a dreamer’s is
The worst of
All lives!!!

Anonymous said...

Mighty Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs are ginormous and roar.
Some feast on meat.
Slow eaters devour leaves.
Only one dinosaur makes earthquakes when it stomps.
All of them sleep in the wild.

Anonymous said...

Feeling love

How does it feel to love someone that goes away?
How does it feel to see them disappear in the light?
Someone so bright, so loving, so filled with light.

How do you let something go that you love?
Someone there to say what you need to hear,
What can I do when she runs?
Am I going to chase her but with a gun?

Love is an emotion,
Not when you move.
Love is something you feel and it lives within you,
Love can be something you can’t control
You can’t control feelings it something you feel inside.

Can you show me love?
Love is not something you turn on and off,
Can you stop something that God gave you,
What can you do about it?
What can I do about it?

Anonymous said...

Rabbits
By Nicholas Chiu

Rabbits
Furry, small
Fast, scared, hunted
Smooth, heavy, soft, squishy
Mammals


Dragon
By Nicholas Chiu

Dragon
Gigantic, huge
Breathe-fire, fly, grab
Hard, heavy, bumpy, rough
Creature

Anonymous said...

Humongous
Colossal, Gigantic
Growing, Increasing, Escalating
Earth, Universities, Mouse, Babies
Decreasing, Subtracting, Minimizing,
Minuscule, Petite
Miniature


Team
Group, Together
Playing, Running, Working
Football, Basketball, Wrestling, Chess
Deserting, Isolating, Separating
Person, Alone
Individual

Anonymous said...

My name is Gleniqua
By Gleniqua Hunter

Gleniqua
It means happy, nice, wellbehaved,
It is the number ten,
It is like the beautiful grass,
It is going to the beach,
It is the memory of mom,
Who taught me how to read and honesty,
When she tells the truth,
My name is Gleniqua,
It means giving back

Anonymous said...

Bugs

I like bugs.

Skinny bugs .

Scary bugs .

Squishy bugs,

Green bugs.

I like bugs.s

Samantha Richardson said...

David P. says....

I adore my brain because I like to think, and my brain is as fun as an arcade, but I like my brain because it helps by saying things to my body. My brain is like a party with a 100 people. I just can never get out of my brain!

Samantha Richardson said...

David P. says....

LOVE

Love is sapphire like ice freeseing in the Atlantic Ocean . it calmly moves through my brain like teaching a dog to behave. It makes me feel joyful like lafhing with exsitment. It makes me want to explod like a firework!

Anonymous said...

How a blueberre is

I can hear cruncging when I am biting on the blueberre.

I can see green in the inside.

It tastes sower when I am biting it.

It smells like nothing.

It feels slippery on my touneg.

Anonymous said...

Paper in the Wind

By

Alfred W. Tatum
2/17/09


The paper in the wind settles between two yellow lines outside of the train station. Its companion is a pink strip of unchewed gum. It hops to the left before crossing the tracks into a wide-open field with tall, brown grass and scraps of metal resting lazily after years of activity. The blades of grass sway to and fro. I can only imagine what rests beneath the soil thirty days out from spring. The thawing of the ground brings the dawning of a new season with cheerful sounds and colorful images suffocated by the region’s winters. I decided the track the path of the paper, to gather it in hopes of finding something, not exactly sure what, just something.

I raise my ungloved hand to wipe the snot from my nose before brushing my hand against my pants. The wind picks up and the paper is lifted from the ground. I break into a small trot. I feel like I am chasing a dream like I did when I was a child. The wind settles. Fortunately for me, I can take a breather. I haven’t had much exercise since my wife died nine years ago. How strange it might look to someone watching on old man in a barren field with a balding head. I simply smile at the thought. A quick westerly gust forces me to switch directions again.

“Pearl, why now?”

I remember asking my dear wife when she told me she wanted to leave the south.

“This is where our home is, our friends.”

But, she was persistent. Our oldest son needed us after running into a pocket of misfortune. Pearl couldn’t stand the idea that her baby was roaming the streets in the cold while she was enjoying the comforts of southern winds. Georgia was her home, but it did not feel the same.

“I got to go Frank. Either you coming with or you’re staying.”

She was always a stubborn woman. So, I agreed to come behind her after I made arrangements at home. There was the house and the convenience store to deal with. We decided that she would find a small place and I would follow in three months time. Not one to put things off, Pearl was on her way the Tuesday next. The tossing and turning at night were more frequent. She became restless after not hearing from Frank Jr. for three days. The waiting and wondering were driving her mad.

I drove her to the train station for the 22-hour ride. She had one large bag and a small wooden box that fit comfortably into her purse. Pearl always carried that purse. In it was a pad she scribbled notes on about the store’s inventory. She also kept track on her banking account. Pearl didn’t have much money, but she kept track of every dime. When she died, I also found out that she wrote notes to Frank Jr. every night. They all ended the same way:

Dear God, please watch over my boy.

A Note from Pearl

Pearl never made it to Frank Jr. The train derailed six hours out and two people died, a small child, only six months old, and my Pearl. She hit her head on a steel rail and lost consciousness before passing away. I never got a chance to say good-bye. I still decided to move north as I had promised only to find more bad news. Frank Jr. was gone, too. That’s when I starting riding the rails, searching for something, anything. Not much for an old man to do when those he loves are gone.

That’s how I ended up in the field today chasing a piece of paper in the wind. Now, I am close to it. I trap the paper, folded in a square, beneath my foot while I catch my breath. I lean over to pick it up. Suddenly, I have a change of heart about reading it. I imagine it’s another note from Pearl, a note for Frank Jr., or maybe a note for me. I lift it to wind, release it, before walking back toward the train. I feel a tear trickle over a smile.

Anonymous said...

Me as a Character!

Think about everything!?!

Take the Train
Plays Video Games
Goes To School

Tall
Young

Anonymous said...

The Way to Play Your Game

One bat

One ball to throw around

One pitcher to throw the ball to batter

One back catcher

Two coaches on the field yelling and telling the player what to do

Two umps or blues to tell the plays

Three people on base (bases loaded)

Three “Strike your out!”

Three bases (1st, 2nd, 3rd)

Four balls “Walk to base!”

Eight players on the field

Nine inning game may be done


By: Angelica G. Moreno

Anonymous said...

What If?
By Martin

What if?
What if a lizard was blue?
What if a shark was green?
What if a horse was red?
What if?

Anonymous said...

Learning
Omar Rivera

Books
Sox cap
Asking for help
Teacher helping out kid
Learning

Anonymous said...

Come Here and Walk Me Around

Come here and walk me around
Do you hear what I hear
Of the kids playing
In the park
Do you smell what I smell

Now do you see
Do you see that swing
So blue I could sing

No I am the neighborhood
Coming from the store
From the open door
You whine like you had no food
You’re in a mood

Do you taste what I taste
The dirty fur in your mouth from the cat
In the dirt I should have worn a hat
They play in the sun
As cat in the window wishes longingly

You know what I envy
The lovely garden
The roses that never darken
The flowers so happy to be tended to

Now I ask do you
Hear what I hear
See what I see
Smell what I smell
Do you taste what I taste
Do you envy what I envy?


Now don’t you bark


By Katherine Pierce

Anonymous said...

I See
Omar Rivera

Car stopping at a red light
People running by the yellow line
Flags are blowing with the leaves
Sun light hits tower with the exit 90

Anonymous said...

I hear
Omar Rivera

Cars hitting the bridge like a boom!
UPS boxes jumping
Train and yellow bus screech
I hear the wind blowing with the birds

Nicole said...

Volcano: A Diamante Poem
By Nicole Reynoso

Volcanoes
Hot, Angry
Exploding, Erupting, Flowing
People die, destroys cities
Growing, Stopping, Turning, Beginning
Relaxing, Paradise
Hawaii

Krist Vinotai said...

My Five Senses in Thailand
A Poem By Krist Vinotai

So hot, it feels like you are getting barbequed.
Smells of fresh flowers and fragrant trees.
Spicy food that burns in your mouth.
Mango trees, dogs, rivers and lakes all around.
Thai spoken everywhere.

Angelica said...

Daisy Haiku

Fuzzy haired Yorkie

An energizer bunny

Daisy the pack rat

By: Angelica G. Moreno

Martin said...

I Am America

By Martin

I am America.


I am BLAC HAR.


I am BLAC EYES.


I am A SBLS ENTTELADA


I am VEDIO GAMS AND T.V.


I am America, and America is me.

Nicole said...

Haiku

Brown, soft, floppy ears
The baby rabbits are cute
Let’s cuddle with them

Anonymous said...

Brandon said
BITTER
Bitter is the taste of a sour lemon in my mouth..and i scrunch up my face.
Bitter is the cold water like icicles on my face in the morning.
Bitter is the feeling in my stomach when my teacher yells at me for no reason.
Bitter is the feeling in my heart when we lose the game and we still have to shake hands.

Anonymous said...

Brandon said
THE GAME
The game is over and we all shake hands
but the feelings dont go away for a while
It depends on if you win or lose.....

The game is over and we all have juice
But the tiredness lasts for several hours
I cant wait to get into my soft down bed, and then i replay the game in my head....

The game is over but the score remains ...

alejandro said...

The Benefits of Food

Food,

Helps people survive.

Food,

The nutrients makes people feel alive.

Food,

Makes you have energy.

Food,

Some foods are a mystery.

Food,

Is from every ethnicity.

Food,

Doesn’t give you anxiety.

Food,

Is eaten by everyone and everything.

Food,

Is made by or from some things.

Food,

Makes us think real clear.

Food,

Has people with allergies in fear.

Food,

Makes you start.

Food,

So it’s good for the heart.

Angie said...

Social Studies
Old, Time
Boring, Dragging, Nothing
It is a waste of my time
Not good

Nicole said...

Nicole’s Yellow

Yellow is the sun, taxis and hot.
Yellow is the taste of lemon cupcakes.
Yellow smells like fantastic flowers.
Yellow makes me feel happy.
Yellow is the sound of cars and shoes.
Yellow is a playground, a castle, and school.
Yellow is spring.
Yellow is summer.
Yellow is my favorite.