Going Bowling with Sam, Craig and David By: David P.
one day sam and craig came to my house to take my brother and I bowing. so we hoped into the car, and sam got me a come book of calen and hobes. It was splendid. On the way we foud a blwing alley, but it was cloes, but we found one in downtown, and it was called lucky strike. I saw lot of neon lights and big screens. I heard lots of screams of winning and herd the crashs of knocking the pins. I smelled the aroma of winning. I felt like expoden with happynes. I tasted hamberger with fries. it was swell because me and sam won in the last game, but danny and craig won the first round. So after that we climd in and went home. Thank you Sam and craig for a superior trip.
First, we go outside to chek if the snow is good. We go to call people to play snowball fight . We went in the backyard to play snowball fight .My cousin Noel, Micl, Alex, Gurito and Tony went outside to play snowball fight.
Next, we start playing snowball fight and we start making the snowballs and throwing them at each other. I was sad because I was getting hit in the back.
Then we stop because my cousin got hit in the faes and my cousin Tony got in troble because he hit my cousin Noel in the faes. My mom and dad said we can’t play snowball fight again.
Alexander Gray UIC Reading Clinic February 2, 2009
Have you ever wondered what happens to your goldfish after you flush it down the toilet? Well, Michael Ganza, he has always wondered what happens to fishes after they’ve been flushed down the toilet. Michael has wondered till this day. He’s tried everything, all types of ways to find that out. He’s used cameras; he has stuck his hand in the toilet, and has even tried swimming in the toilet. Yep, Michael is one strange guy. Michael’s old goldfish, Goldie, has been around for about 5 years. Michael, like most kids, would get attached to a pet if you had it for that long. However, after Goldie died Michael was crushed; he wanted to know what happened after he flushed him down the toilet.
It’s the last day of school and everybody is excited because it’s summer. Like most kids they’ll spend their summer doing nothing, but some will go to summer school for fun. Michael Ganza is doing some experiments to find out where fish go after you flush them. “So Michael what you doing this summer?” whispered Jeff “I don’t know maybe some experiments” Michael said. “Dang dude you suck on school or something” Jeff replied. Michael looked at him for a brief second and said “No it’s something personal” Jeff didn’t say a word until the final bell rang. Jeff was looking for Michael, but he was gone. Michael was at home, fixing some cameras and an x-ray machine for his experiment. Michael is a smart kid, but strange, he’s spending his summer finding out where fish go after you flush the down the toilet. Michael made tons of odd machines. He did almost fifty tests, and they all failed. One experiment changed his life forever.
In Michael’s experiment, he used both his x-ray machine and a camera attached to a goldfish. Michael looks deep into the toilet suspiciously to see if it would work. The x-ray machine was failing and the x-ray machine changed into a shrink ray and it shrunk Michael and he fell in the toilet in mid flush. He found out where fish go. To his surprise the fish went to the sewer. “This is where fish go in the ‘stinkin’ sewer? All my work to find out that fish goes to the sewer great, just great!” Michael was saying with a big surprise, like fish go somewhere nice where it smells better. Michael grew back to normal size but he was still in the sewer. He was in there for a few days until he found his way out of the sewer. Michael couldn’t tell from night and day he didn’t know if he was there he for a few days or months. The first thing he did when he got back was take a shower and meet up with his friends. “Man it feels great to be out the sewer.” Michael said in relief. Jeff and the rest of his friends looked at him and said, “Why were you in the sewer?!” “I think that experiment you were doing was a scheme to find out where your fish goes after you flush it down the toilet.” Michael just shrugged and said “Maybe Jeff, just maybe.”
Once I went to the beach with a few of my friends and their names were Liz, Tyler, Maddie, Nick and John. We were playing in the water and we were having a lot a fun. Then we get out and went to go get something to eat so we won’t get sick. We were done eating and Tyler and John wanted to go make a sandcastle and we all said that was a good idea so we started to make one. It was a gigantic castle that we made that took us almost the whole day. Then Nick and I wanted to go play in the water so we did. Then John came with us in the water too. We all were just having fun then we got out and started to work on the castle some more. John’s dad called us to see how we were doing and John told him fine then when he got off the phone with dad, Tyler cut is finger on glass and so we had to go take him inside and show the lifeguards. They cleaned the wound for him and put a band aid on it and told us to be careful, so we tried to be careful. Then we stopped working on the sandcastle because we were exhausted from the hot day. We all took the bus to Tyler’s house and ate cheese pizza and got dressed and went out with our friends at the park and then Liz’s mom called and asked if we wanted to go to the beach to see the sunset. We said yes and she took all of us at 6:30 back to the same beach we made the sandcastle. But it was destroyed when we get there and the boys were mad. So we all were thinking, and Maddie said she had seen Alyssa, Amanda, and Ashley there when we left, so we were thinking maybe they destroyed our sandcastle.
Yes, dangerous. It’s true. Like when you are playing Wii Sports and release the controller in to your nice twenty inch plasma television. Or when you get hit in the face by the controller (ouch) - or like when you’re all wrapped up in the game that you forgot the time and playing in three o’ clock in the morning and a shadow falls across the carpet and you realize your dog is waiting for you to take him outside.
At the end of a grocery trip, Jason was at his favorite part of the trip. He was in the candy part of the check-out line. To him he is in “candy heaven.” “Hurry up son “his dad said “we don’t have all day”. He picked randomly and picked the M&M bag. He was glad he picked at that split second or else he would get an earful from his dad.
When he got home he ate his M&M’s by the window in the front of the house. Then, he thought, how it would feel like to be an M&M on the sidewalk. He passed out cold on the floor. His dad heard the noise and went down the stairs from his office in the attic. He couldn’t wake him up. Jason is in a coma. After he passed out, his dad called 911 for an ambulance.
Two days later in the ICU (intensive care unit)he awoke from his coma. In his head, after he passed out he had the same dream while he was eating all over again, but it started over and he added some parts. Here is what Jason dreamed about while he is in a coma.
I am playing defense. The soccer goalie kicked the ball. The ball was going toward me. I kicked the ball back at the goalie. The goalie wasn’t looking. It’s a goal my friends were shocked. It was high and hard. The fans screaming and shouting. My mom and dad were shouting. My friends were so shocked. They landed on top of me and gave me a high five. The ball was spinning like slow motion. After the whistle the ball looked like blue with white. I was exceptional.
it was a gorgest day me and my family went to a carnival. we went and got chocolate brownies They were delicious and fantastic. it was like a genius that made this brownies. the carnival was crowed with beautiful children. we went and got chocolate cookies and my brother told me that he didn't like chocolate i told him to try it he said that i don't like it! i was mad and upset and I was feeling unappreciated why because he wasn't talking to me and I was feeling forgiving and courageous.
Sixteen year old Laura heard her dad snoring like a motorcycle. She knows she was going get away with it now because her parent were sleeping. She tip toed across the room and out of no were the house phone rang. She froze like a statue.
One night my sister scared me and it hurt my feelings. She is a great scary person. I hear the wind blowing and birds flying. I couldn’t see anything because it was dark. I could not touch stuff but I can touch some of the stuff.
One dark dark night i was sleeping in my bedroom.The wind was making a whistling noise ...whoosh....I felt cold and shivering so i jumped out of bed to close the window shut. I heard footsteps coming toward me! I felt so scared that i pulled the blankets over my face. It looked like the shadow of a ghost from my bed. The ghost moved closer and closer to me.It grabbed my hand and i shouted out "HELP ME". The ghost ran out of the room.I was crying and my mom rushed in. I told my mom there was ghost, she said "Calm down" there's no ghost, it was just a bad dream.
CRASH LANDING “Emma come back!” Emma’s mother cries as the little baby scampers to another window her little pigtails bobbing as she tottered on a seat.
But the pilot had his own problems. He got news that the wing was damaged and the plain was losing height. The plane jolted and Emma fell off the chair and rolled under the seat. Emma giggled like it was a game of hid and seek.
At the end of a grocery trip, Jason was at his favorite part of the trip. He was in the candy part of the check-out line. To him he is in “candy heaven.” “Hurry up son” his dad said “we don’t have all day”. He picked randomly and picked the M&M bag. He was glad he picked at that split second or else he would get an earful from his dad.
When he got home he ate his M&M’s by the window in the front of the house. Then, he thought, how it would feel like to be an M&M on the sidewalk. Then out of the blue he passed out cold on the floor. His dad heard the noise and went down the stairs from his office in the attic. His dad tried to wake him up but he couldn’t so he thought he was either dead or in a coma. After his effort failed in trying to wake Jason up, his dad called 9-1-1 for an ambulance.
Two days later in the ICU (intensive care unit) he awoke from his coma. While he was in a coma, he had a dream about being an M&M.
On a hot summer day Jason was a regular M&M, in a regular M&M bag. But what he didn’t notice, was that his own mother was eating the bag. He tried to give an S.O.S to his mother but she thought it was a fly. She heard the noise and tracked it to the M&M that Jason was. After the noise incident, she threw “him” to the floor. Next, a homeless person walked up and picked him up and tried to eat him. He rolled out of his hand and rolled away to the bushes.
Now, to sum the story up, Jason doesn’t want to be an M&M anymore. He wants to be himself.
Yes, dangerous. It’s true. Like when you are playing Wii Sports and release the controller in to your nice twenty inch plasma television. Or when you get hit in the face by the controller (ouch) - or like when you’re all wrapped up in the game that you forgot the time and playing in three o’ clock in the morning and a shadow falls across the carpet and you realize your dog is waiting for you to take him outside. Suddenly, your whole family is waiting for the television not knowing that you stayed up all night. But you are eager to play more and avoid your doom.
What happened to me wasn’t that bad. But I still remember one of the times I started a fire by knocking down the candle when I just got the Wii.
CRASH LANDING “Emma come back!” Emma’s mother cries as the little baby scampers to another window her little pigtails bobbing as she tottered on a seat.
But the pilot had his own problems. He got news that the wing was damaged and the plain was losing height. The plane jolted and Emma fell off the chair and rolled under the seat. Emma giggled like it was a game of hid and seek. That’s when the pilot made up his mind and grabbed a parachute pack and jumped.
“Emma!” her mother screamed like there was no tomorrow, “Where are you?”
She went to look at the pilot and saw he was gone she dashed back.
“Emma,” she screamed now crying with frustration and fear. Emma tried to crawl to her mother but her shirt was caught.
She burst out crying but now the noise of the giant plane spiraling through the air and people screaming was louder. Every thing in the plane was pandemonium as the plane plummeted to the ground.
Then the plane hit the water and the sound ceased. The plane was broken in half with such fours that it tossed Emma and freed her shirt. The last thing her mother saw of her was Emma reaching out as the current took then different directions. The mom and daughter were each on a different thing one in a life raft and one perched on a piece of debris crying.
My name is Mike and I’m in love with a girl. Not just a girl but the type of girl that take your breath away. She has a body of a model, face of a goddess, and the brains of a rocket scientist. Her name is Niecy; she was not just your every day girl but the type of girl that stayed on your mind all day long. Niecy has it all. Now, I, Mike am just your average Joe. I’m on the football team but I’m not the captain. I’m no genius but I’m no dummy. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not Chris Brown but I got swag. Some people think that we are an odd couple but we’re in love. Having a girl like Niecey makes a guy feel like he's the king. I got too big headed and thought that if I could get a girl like Niecy I can have whatever I wont to have. So Raven then come in to the picture. We started to talk which lead up to a little friendly flirting. Then after a littlie time past we got closer, we talk on the phone until two in the morning; we ever talk about going out some time. Well when I was on the phone with Raven I didn’t thing that I was doing nothing wrong because in my head I didn’t think that it was cheating. Then one day everything was going perfect, I had a fantastic girlfriend and a good friend that happen to be a girl. Niecy asked me for my phone and my first mind was to just give it to her and not think what I had in my phone. I didn’t think that she would go snooping in my phone because everything was going so wonderful. I wouldn’t have done that to her if that was me because I trusted her.
Have you wondered why 13 is the worst age to be? I'm Anthony Smith and I'm 13, and my life is a wreck. Well it started at the first day of school I had just started 8th grade and it was the worst day of my life. The class clown was trying to do something for attention, so he tried to pull peoples pants down. By lunch time my guard was down so as I got out of my seat he dropped my pants, and yelled out "Hey! look Smith wears pink underwear." Everyone started to laugh at me except for one girl Kayla Morris, she was the most popular girl in the class. She looked around to see if anyone was paying attention to her and blew a kiss at me, I looked to see if anyone was behind me and there were a few people behind me but they were to busy laughing at me. Then at that point I pulled up my pants and I thought, "Was that for me" because she never notice or talk to me before and plus she has a boyfriend, so then I threw my trash away.
We are the type of family that goes out to eat and it was a night that my dad said "I can't see the lights of the cars, I see stars." I thought laughing o my God my dad needs glasses I wonder how he will look.
It was a fall morning. I had to go to school. It was the day my dad had to go to the doctor. A few weeks before, my dad Ferny wasn't feeling so good. He already needed glasses because of his sugar. He didn't deny that he was seeing funny but he just didn't want to go to the doctor.
My mom pushed him to go to the doctor for a physical that he needed. My dad had to go down to the lab to get a blood test. This was all that happened in that day. Just about half a day passed the Dr. called my dad at home with some bad news saying he had diabetes As soon as my dad heard that was when he felt that was the end of his life. But my mom told him we are a family and we will get out of this. She said that because his sugar was way to high. Later at the dinner table my mom and dad started telling my brother and I. At first when I heard, it was ok. Then I was thinking what is “that” I did not know what diabetes was but then my mom and dad started telling me. The moment my mom and dad finished telling me, I started thinking my dad can end up in the hospital or in a coma. But I told my dad, "it is ok and the same way we are a family we will be a family to get out of this sickness."
After that about a week passed my mom, dad, and I went to the Dr. The Dr. had ended up giving my dad classes so that he can know how to take care of the sugar in takes. I went to every class with my dad. I did not miss out on one of the classes.
I did not like dum kids becaus they love to fight. one kid threw his basketball at the gouge. they almost hit my mom car. they is bad. one heat me wet a rouk. they go to my school. they love to play. they love to sea out to 10:00.
it was a gorgeous day me and my family went to a carnival. we went and got chocolate brownies They were delicious and fantastic. it was like a genius that made this brownies. the carnival was crowed with beautiful children. we went and got chocolate cookies and my brother told me that he didn't like chocolate I told him to try it he said that I don't like it! I was mad and upset and I was feeling unappreciated why because he wasn't talking to me. When I was growing up with brother it was really hard because when he was being bossy, selfish, un satisfied. My brother behavior is so disrespectful. My brother is not always disrespectful all the time he is precious when watching TV playing the game. I want to forgive me and my family teach me how to forgive I remember one time me and my brother was arguing about his money was gone we was wondering where the money had went me and my brother was arguing about his money my sister had it all that time I had told him that I didn’t have it he said sorry I forgive him because he is little and plus I will forgive my sister at all times no madder what. At the carnival people was fight and arguing and all over the place I took me and my brother and sister and took them to a spot that would be safe to be continued
It was early in the morning on Monday. I heard my mom on the phone saying'' I can't believe we are not in Washington D.C." I thought to my self that I was going to see the 1 black president of the United States. I would also see my older big brother. My mom said to her" mom do you won't to go with Lyndsey to Washington?"
We got an early start at 5:30. We began to walk inn the cold weather. It was so cold that it felt like I was Santa in the North Pole but still we kept walking. it was so many people out there I felt like a puppy that’s getting chassed around by a little boy. All I hard was chitter chatter like children in a play round. It took us 2 hours to get there.
Ian was happy walking to school because he was going to get deer skin for his teacher. He was walking a different way to school and that's when he saw it. He stopped by a disgusting, swampish forest. He was scared because he didn't know what was in it and didn't know if there were animals that would eat him and kill him. He let it go and went in the forest. He saw a little bottle with red stuff and he felt excited because he thought he could show that to his teacher. It was better than the animal skin it was a potion. It looked like red paint. The bottle was made of clear thick glass and it looked like a balloon with a rope attached to it. He thought it would be cool to drink it. He drank the potion. Suddenly in a flash there were two of him.
My name is Mike and I’m in love with a girl. Not just a girl but the type of girl that take your breath away. She has a body of a model, face of a goddess, and the brains of a rocket scientist. Her name is Niecey; she was not just your every day girl but the type of girl that stayed on your mind all day long. Niecey has it all. Now, I, Mike am just your average Joe. I’m on the football team but I’m not the captain. I’m no genius but I’m no dummy. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not Chris Brown but I got swag. Some people think that we are an odd couple but we’re in love. Having a girl like Niecey makes a guy feel like he's the king. I got too big headed and thought that if I could get a girl like Niecey I can have whatever I wont to have. So Raven then come in to the picture. We started to talk which lead up to a little friendly flirting. Then after a littlie time past we got closer, we talk on the phone until two in the morning; we ever talk about going out some time. Well when I was on the phone with Raven I didn’t thing that I was doing nothing wrong because in my head I didn’t think that it was cheating. Then one day everything was going perfect, I had a fantastic girlfriend and a good friend that happen to be a girl. Niecey asked me for my phone and my first mind was to just give it to her and not think what I had in my phone. I didn’t think that she would go snooping in my phone because everything was going so wonderful. I wouldn’t have done that to her if that was me because I trusted her. Looking at Niecey face I know that something was wrong. She found some calls from Raven at all time of the night. Not only did she find the phone calls but she found something worse, she found text messages. It was a lot of texts too. The texts were about Raven and I going to the movies, what’s the problem with us going out as friends, nothing was wrong with that to me but it was to HER. Niecey looked furious, like her head was a bomb about to explode. Her grip was so tight on the phone that she looked like a muscle man about to crush her opponent. I was so nervous that when I asked for my phone I started to stutter. I reached for the phone but she refused to let go, I knew then that something was very wrong. Niecey went off on me like an unleashed beast out of a cave. She screamed, “You dumba**, you’re cheating on me.” I sat there looking like a baby who just got his candy taken away. Niecey stormed off into the sunset and I started to think about what I could do to get her back. I called her continuously until she picked up and hung up on me. I tried all night into the next. When we saw each other she went past me like I was a ghost. She finally answered after days of phone calls and yelled at me for annoying her. I made up a sob story about how Raven was just my friend and I didn’t want her like that. We slowly started talking to each other but every time we did she brushed me off. Her friends or the school bell always seemed to interrupt us. But then one day, not like the other days, I went up to her and she gave me a chance to talk. She even said something back to me; I now knew she still cared. My first thought was that I had a chance to get back with her. We talked about what had happened that when she called me. As time went on we made progress and I’m still working on getting her back. I LOVE NIECY and will do anything for her.
I was happy because I was at a baskball game. The baskball palyer was hamongous and excited because he knows he is a confident palyer. Hes so happy because he has won the game.
It was early in the morning on Monday. I heard my mom on the phone saying'' I can't believe we are not in Washington D.C." I thought to my self that I was going to see the 1 black president of the United States. I would also see my older big brother. My mom said to her" mom do you won't to go with Lyndsey to Washington?"
We got an early start at 5:30. We began to walk inn the cold weather. It was so cold that it felt like I was Santa in the North Pole but still we kept walking. It was so many people out there I felt like a puppy that’s getting chassed around by a little boy. All I hard was chitter chatter like children in a play round. It took us 2 hours to get there. Once we got to the mall we had to stand. I got to here a lot people sink like Beyonce, Usher, Mariah C carry and a lot of more people. After all the people sang I thought president Obama was coming out on the stage My heart felt happy to sad and I felt like the earth was about to explode because he did not come out instead of him it was more sinning. After that another person came out and talked. Finally he came out People where screaming this time my heart went from sad to happy after all my earth did not explode .My heart sang “put a ring on it”
He began the speech by saying “I stand here today humbled by the task before us, grateful for the trust you have bestowed, mindful of the sacrifices borne by our ancestors.” I listened and video taped what he said .I felt cold, happy,sad,felt like crying, and felt inspired .he made me fell inspired so maybe when I grow up that I will be the 1st black woman president.
Sixteen year old Laura heard her dad snoring like a motorcycle. She knows she was going get away with it now because her parent were sleeping. She tip toed across the bedroom and out of no were the house phone rang. She froze like a statue
She kept walking slowly because she was didn’t know what to do. She finally got to her window she know she was going to get away with it know because she’s done it before. She quietly opened her crying window. With her brown curly her hitting her in shinny green eyes she jumped out the window.
She was walking down the dark vacant street and she saw her aunts SUV. Her aunt stops and said worriedly, “ Were are you going little girl?” Laura lied, “To a friends house for a sleep over,” as she figgited with her hands. Her aunt asked, “At this time of night? Do your parents know?” “Of course they know.” She looked away from her aunt. “Well do you want a rid?” “ No I’ll walk its only two block away.” “Ok see you later,” Her aunt says secretly dialing Laura’s parents number on her cell phone.
People should respect their neighbors. I do not like the dumb kids who are my neighbors because they love to cause trouble. One day one kid threw his basketball at the garage. They almost hit my mom car. The parent doesn’t kare. They love to stay out to 10:00. I was jumping rope with my frond. I stopped in he in taey my shoo. Next one bad boy was hiding behind the wall. Suddenly, he hit me with a rock. Then I went to go tell. The mom takes the basketball hoop.
It was a gorgeous day me and my family went to a carnival. We went and got chocolate brownies. They were delicious and fantastic. It was like a genius that made this brownies. The carnival was crowed with beautiful children. We went and got chocolate cookies and my brother told me that he didn't like chocolate. I told him to try it he said “I don't like it!” I said “just try it.” I was mad and upset and I was feeling unappreciated Why? Because he wasn't talking to me. When I growing up with brother it was really hard because when he was being bossy, selfish, un satisfied. “I want the remote, no I want that!” My brother behavior is so disrespectful. When sometime he say that he hate me but I know that he really don’t mean that it is all right. But I love him! My brother is not always disrespectful all the time he is precious when watching TV or playing the game. I want to forgive. Me and my family teach me how to forgive. I remember one time me and my brother was arguing about his money was gone. We was wondering where the money had went . We had know where it had went. Me and my brother was arguing about his money. My sister had it all that time and my brother was hollering at me all that time. I had told him that I didn’t have it he said sorry I forgive him because he is little and plus I will forgive my sister and brother, at all times no madder what. At the carnival people was fight and arguing and all over the place. “Why they was fighting?” because someone had hit the other and spilt juice on the other person. And they went running around not saying excuse me just bumping me and hitting other people. I took me and my brother and sister and took them to a spot that would be safe. To be continued….
One sweaty day, long ago in Mexico, everyone was busy in the neighborhood. There were a lot of cars on the narrow streets. All around you can hear people honking their horns.
It started out as a beautiful day the sun was out the sky was clear. I decided to take my dog spot out to play at the park down the street. We went to go play a game of fetch with the blue ball that spot loves so much. Just throwing the ball around the park spot going back and forward trying to catch the ball and he always catches it. I had so much fun running around with spot seeing him have fun. Everyone knows the Grayhounds love to run so they all watched. I saw my friend hang out by the big hill. I when by my friend to go see what she was doing and spot wolked with me. “Hey Jane what are you doing up here?” Allison asked. Allison is my best friend from school, and we are going to be gradurading 8th grad this year. “Just playing with my dog because it’s a nice day outside,” I said. “Would you like to come with me to the Shuger shak?” “ Sure I just have to take spot back home. Meet you there in 10 minutes.” To be continued…
It started out as a beautiful day the sun was out the sky was clear. I decided to take my dog spot out to play at the park down the street. We went to go play a game of fetch with the blue ball that spot loves so much. Just throwing the ball around the park spot going back and forward trying to catch the ball and he always catches it. I had so much fun running around with spot seeing him have fun. Everyone knows the Grayhounds love to run so they all watched. I saw my friend hang out by the big hill. I went by my friend to go see what she was doing and spot walked with me. “Hey Jane what are you doing up here?” Allison asked. Allison is my best friend from school, and we are going to be gradurading 8th grad this year. “Just playing with my dog because it’s a nice day outside,” I said. “Would you like to come with me to the Shuger shak?” “Sure I just have to take spot back home. Meet you there in 10 minutes.” *** I walked back home to leave spot at home. I gave spot some ice cold water and some food to eat then went to go meet Allison at the shuger shak. * * * After eating ice cream its time for me to go home. When I get home I notis the door was open. I go in side and I don’t see Spot in side in the house. I call his name a few time but his still not comeing. I ran up stars to ask my perines where spot was. “Hey mom where did spot go?” I asked. “Not sure, did you leave the door open?” Mom said. “ I am not sure if I did or not.” “ you stay here just in case if he come back. I well go look for him.” * * * I was looking out the window maybe he well run by the house. I hope he is okey. My mom come home looks at me with a sad look on her face. “ I found Spot.” “Really where is he.” “I found him but he got hit by a car.” To be continued…..
THE AMAZING POTION Drink a potion even if you don’t know what’s going to happen. Ian was happy walking to school because he was going to get deer skin for his teacher. He was walking a different way to school and that's when he saw it. He stopped by a disgusting, swampy forest. He was scared because he didn't know what was in it and didn't know if there were animals that would eat him and kill him. He let it go because he thought he would find animal skin so he went in the forest. He saw a little bottle with red stuff and he felt excited because he thought he could show that to his teacher. It was better than the animal skin. It was a potion! It looked like red paint and blood. The bottle was made of clear thick glass and it looked like a balloon with a rope attached to it. He thought it would be cool to drink it so he drank the potion. Suddenly in a flash there were two of him!!!
Ian freaked out and said “what! Why is there another one of me?” Ian calmed down and he thought since there were two of him, then Ian #2 could go to school. He told Ian #2 to go to school then he said “I’ll lead you there”. So he led Ian #2 to school and no one saw him. Ian left and went home. When Ian got home he felt great. Then he played his play station and his game boy. Meanwhile Ian was playing his Game Boy, Ian #2 was at school doing an assignment. He was a student who likes to learn and when he went to school he felt excited. Both Ian’s were happy¸ but they couldn’t be together when there mom and dad were there.
When Ian #2 got home from school Ian came down the stairs. His mom and dad saw two Ians one was coming home from school and one was coming down the stairs. And then they saw their parents and they tried to explain. They were shocked and they went to the table and said “why are there two Ians? There is not supposed to be two Ians”. Then Ian tried to explain. When Ian explained why he did it, his mom said “you can keep Ian #2 if you don’t fight and you both go to school”. They were happy because whenever they had homework they could help each other on homework.
Joe and Isabella are drinking coffee at the shop. yum! This sweet bread tastes good!” says Isabella. Yum! This coffee tastes really delicious!” says Joe Joe said, “do you want to go eat fish at my house?”
Back at Joe’s house, Joe said, “The fish is not here.” Then Isabella said, “Then let’s go buy one”. When she said that Joe suddenly looked at his watch. “Oh look, I gotta go!”
And Isabella said, “Why?” Then she looked at the clock and said, “Oh, I gotta go too!”
Joe and Isabella left in a hurry. Joe was about to go meet Francesca. But it’s 9 o’clock and he is going to see where Isabella is going first. He follows her home and sneaks in to hide behind her couch. Then there’s a knock on the door. “Who is it,” calls Isabella. “Fred.” She opens the door and says, “You are handsome!” and gives him a kiss on the cheek. “Look at my new picture!” said Isabella. Meanwhile, Joe snuck out. “Perfect! We are even!” and he goes to meet Francesca at the pizza restaurant. They sat down at a table. Suddenly, Isabella and Fred come in. They see Joe kiss Francesca. “How could you!” Isabella yells. You are cheating too so it’s even!” says Joe.
Francesca says, “We are over!” The two girls said, “Forget about boys! We’ve got better things to do! We are over forever!”
The Best Team By: Sam Jimenez I was at the baskball game and I saw the baskball player shoting everwhere and after that the game stared. Michael have the ball and he is going for a dunk and he made it because he is humongous. Michael is excited because he made 20poins by himself and there all dunks and some are 3pointers. The audience are excited because Michael made 20poins by himself and they are wining the game and the poins are 90 to 70. Michael is happy because he knows he is a confident player. When Michael is going out to dunk he got pushed. He got injured and he got pulled out the game. It was the 4th quarter when he got pulled from the game. When Michael got out the game it was a tie. Then 3 minutes left he came back in the game. He staer making 3pointers. The adinc are so excited because Michael is making 3pointers and they are wining the game.
It started out as a beautiful day the sun was out the sky was clear. I decided to take my dog Spot out to play at the park down the street. We went to go play a game of fetch with the blue ball that Spot loves so much. Just throwing the ball around the park Spot going back and forward trying to catch the ball and he always catches it. I had so much fun running around with Spot seeing him have fun. Everyone knows the greyhounds love to run so they all watched. I saw my friend hang out by the big hill. I went by my friend to go see what she was doing and Spot walked with me. “Hey Jane what are you doing up here?” Allison asked. Allison is my best friend from school, and we are going to be graduating 8th grade this year. “Just playing with my dog because it’s a nice day outside,” I said. “Would you like to come with me to the Sugar Shack?” “Sure I just have to take Spot back home. Meet you there in 10 minutes.” I walked back home to leave Spot at home. I gave Spot some ice cold water and some food to eat then went to go meet Allison at the Sugar Shack. * * * After eating ice cream its time for me to go home. When I get home I notice the door was open. I go in side and I don’t see Spot in side in the house. I call his name a few times but his still not coming. I ran up stars to ask my parents where Spot was. “Hey Mom where did Spot go?” I asked. “Not sure, did you leave the door open?” Mom said. “I am not sure if I did or not.” “ You stay here just in case if he comes back. I will go look for him.” * * * I was looking out the window maybe he will run by the house. I hope he is okay. My mom come home looks at me with a sad look on her face. “I found Spot.” “Really where is he?” “I found him but he got hit by a car.” My eyes started to fill up with water like a water fall. I began to cry. “Its all my fault I left the door open.” “Its going to be ok.” The next day my dad and I went to the cemetery to go bury Spot. My dad pulled Spot from the car and brought him to the hole. I began to cry when I saw Spot in a bag. I wanted to tell him I am sorry. Staring at him when my dad is putting him in the hole. “I am so sorry Spot that I left the door open. You were my best friend.”
He lives in an abandon house, goes out the house once in while, collects creep things that’s in the yard. He raises himself in this abandon house on a middle rich class street. He has no friends, and when he leaves the house he says “Hi” to people on the street that he don’t know and if they don’t say anything, he says something scary back. One day, the man went to a hardwood store and got a shovel and a knife and he said “Hi” to a young small lady on the street. The lady said nothing then he said “Your going to wish you said good morning back to me”. Then the lady took off and later the man starts digging a hole in his yard for some reason and was making a lot of noise. Then the next day, the lady he said “Hi” live two houses down and he was walking and the lady was bring in some food and she drop a bag. Then the man said “Let me help you” and the lady took off into the house and left the bag. Then the man pick it up and walk to the door and knock on the door. Then the lady opens the door quick and grabbed the bag and tries to close the door but the man foot stops it. The man said, “I’m sorry about yesterday” “Would you like to have dinner at my house?” “Sure” said the lady happily” Then the man went to the food market and got some food for the dinner. Then the doorbell rang and it was the lady. “Hello” said the lady “Welcome to my home” said the man “Come sit right here” said the man Then after the dinner the man ask the lady if he could show him his room and the lady said “Yes” Then they went up and the man said let go see my yard. “Ok” said the lady Confusedly Then the lady saw the hole and the lady ask, “What’s the hole for?” “YOU!” said the man madly and “POW” the shovel hit the lady in the head and he stab her and let her bleed to death in the hole. Then for five years the lady he kill was haunting him and he couldn’t take it anymore and still was not caught for what he did. The police department was still trying to find out who did it put they couldn’t match the DNA to anybody. So the man was living in an unknown small town in Texas. The police was trying to find out who own the building and they did but he didn’t match the DNA. So the offices ask him if he know who move in the house after him and he didn’t know. So the police went to go search the house to see if there was anything inside the house that would help them find the guy who killed the lady. Then the next day, first thing in the morning they went to the house and find a nametag and it had a name and it was Mike Tomas that work at a drug store. They call the lab to search a man name Mike Tomas to see if he had a police record and had no record. Then they went to the nearest drug store from the murder house. They find it and the manger said that “That’s not his name, he flip it so someone couldn’t find him. His real name is Tomas Mike” The police ask if he know where he want and he said, “A state that started with a T and that’s all I know officers.” “Ok thank you kind sir” Then next day they went to Texas and the others because most of the murders are in Texas and happens in Texas. They went to this small town were they found other murders and they went to a drug store to see if they seen him before and a man said yes and he show him the house and the police arrested him and he was sent to prison for 3 life’s.
He lives in an abandon house, goes out the house once in while, collects creep things that’s in the yard. He raises himself in this abandon house on a middle rich class street. He has no friends, and when he leaves the house he says “Hi” to people on the street that he don’t know and if they don’t say anything, he says something scary back. One day, the man went to a hardwood store and got a shovel and a knife and he said “Hi” to a young small lady on the street. The lady said nothing then he said “Your going to wish you said good morning back to me”. Then the lady took off and later the man starts digging a hole in his yard for some reason and was making a lot of noise. Then the next day, the lady he said “Hi” live two houses down and he was walking and the lady was bring in some food and she drop a bag. Then the man said “Let me help you” and the lady took off into the house and left the bag. Then the man pick it up and walk to the door and knock on the door. Then the lady opens the door quick and grabbed the bag and tries to close the door but the man foot stops it. The man said, “I’m sorry about yesterday” “Would you like to have dinner at my house?” “Sure” said the lady happily” Then the man went to the food market and got some food for the dinner. Then the doorbell rang and it was the lady. “Hello” said the lady “Welcome to my home” said the man “Come sit right here” said the man Then after the dinner the man ask the lady if he could show him his room and the lady said “Yes” Then they went up and the man said let go see my yard. “Ok” said the lady Confusedly Then the lady saw the hole and the lady ask, “What’s the hole for?” “YOU!” said the man madly and “POW” the shovel hit the lady in the head and he stab her and let her bleed to death in the hole. Then for five years the lady he kill was haunting him and he couldn’t take it anymore and still was not caught for what he did. The police department was still trying to find out who did it put they couldn’t match the DNA to anybody. So the man was living in an unknown small town in Texas. The police was trying to find out who own the building and they did but he didn’t match the DNA. So the offices ask him if he know who move in the house after him and he didn’t know. So the police went to go search the house to see if there was anything inside the house that would help them find the guy who killed the lady. Then the next day, first thing in the morning they went to the house and find a nametag and it had a name and it was Mike Tomas that work at a drug store. They call the lab to search a man name Mike Tomas to see if he had a police record and had no record. Then they went to the nearest drug store from the murder house. They find it and the manger said that “That’s not his name, he flip it so someone couldn’t find him. His real name is Tomas Mike” The police ask if he know where he want and he said, “A state that started with a T and that’s all I know officers.” “Ok thank you kind sir” Then next day they went to Texas and the others because most of the murders are in Texas and happens in Texas. They went to this small town were they found other murders and they went to a drug store to see if they seen him before and a man said yes and he show him the house and the police arrested him and he was sent to prison for 3 life’s.
Perry and the Great, Excellent, Wonderful, Very Good Day By Nicholas Chiu
I went to sleep with games on my big bed. When I got into bed I got a new blanket on my big bed. It was Flushed Away, my most favorite. I could tell I was going to have a great, excellent, wonderful, very good day.
At breakfast there was a game on the table waiting for me. The game was Destie Warior 4. This is better than Desney Waiorr 3 because there are more people. It was as perfect as being at Disney World.
My mom made me my favorite breakfast. It was toast, eggs, and milk. Dad, gramma, and grandpa ate breakfast with me. I could tell it as going to be a great, excellent, wonderful, very good day.
At recess I accidentally smacked Justin on the back when we were playing tag. He didn’t even get mad or cry. I am having a great, excellent, wonderful, very good day.
Justin came to my house and we played Hide and Seek. I got a perfect place to hide, it was under my bed. It took Justin 1 hour to find me. It was a great, excellent, wonderful, very good day.
There was a big steak for dinner and I love steak.
There was Flushed Away on TV and I love Flushed Away.
Our moms let Justin have a sleep over at my house. We stayed up late, watched movies and ate nachos.
My friend says some days are like that. Even in Chicago.
He lives in an abandon house, goes out the house once in while, collects creepy things in the yard. He raised himself in this abandon house on a middle rich class street. He has no friends, and when he leaves the house he says “Hi” to people on the street that he don’t know and if they don’t say anything, he says something scary back.
One day, the man went to a hardwood store and got a shovel and a knife and he said “Hi” to a young lady on the street. The lady didn’t say anything and the man continued saying “Your going to wish you said good morning back to me”. Then the lady took off and later the man starts digging a hole in his yard for some reason and was making a lot of noise.
Then the next day, the lady he said “Hi” live two houses down and he was walking and the lady was bring in some food and she drop a bag. Then the man called “Let me help you” and the lady took off into the house and left the bag. Then the man picked it up and walks to the door and knocks on the door. Then the lady opens the door quick and grabbed the bag and tries to close the door but the man foot stops it. The man said, “I’m sorry about yesterday. Would you like to have dinner at my house?” “Sure” replied the lady happily.
Then the man went to the food market and got some food for the dinner. Then the doorbell rang and it was the lady. “Hello” said the lady “Welcome to my home” response the man “Come sit right here” called the man Then after the dinner the man ask the lady if he could show him his room and the lady said “Yes” Then they went up and the man said let go see my yard. “Ok” said the lady Confusedly Then the lady saw the hole and the lady ask, “What’s the hole for?” “YOU!” yelled the man madly and “POW” the shovel hit the lady in the head and he stab her and let her bleed to death in the hole.
Then for five years the lady he killed haunted him by going in his dreams and opening and closing the windows and doors and taking things out his hands and making them hover in the air. He couldn’t take it anymore and still was not caught for what he did. The police department was still trying to find out who did it put they couldn’t match the DNA to anybody. So the man was living in an unknown small town in Texas. The police were trying to find out who own the building and they did but he didn’t match the DNA. So the officers ask him if he know who move in the house after him and he didn’t know. So the police went to go search the house to see if there was anything inside the house that would help them find the guy who killed the lady.
Then the next day, first thing in the morning they went to the house and find a nametag and it had a name and it was Mike Tomas that work at a drug store. They call the lab to search a man named Mike Tomas to see if he had a police record and he had no record. Then they went to the nearest drug store from the murder house. They found it and the manger retort “That’s not his name, he flipped it so someone couldn’t find him. His real name is Tomas Mike” The police ask if he know where he wants and he took action, “A state that started with a T and that’s all I know officers.” “Ok thank you kind sir.”
Then next day they went to Texas and not the others because most of the murders are in Texas. They went to this small town were they found other murders and they went to a drug store to see if they seen him before and a man cried yes and he show him the house. After they told the man to leave, they kick down the door and grab Tomas and push him down the stairs to the car. The officers put the wires on his hand and put him in the car. Put the officers forgot to search him, so he had a knife on him and cut the wire. Then he run all the way till he gets to Mexico and left the states and the American officers could not get him because they can’t go to Mexico. Then they found him in a town and took them three years to find him. The men tried to run again but they had police on every corner. They grab him “Nooooooo” scream the man and the officers remember they had to search him and were sent to prison for 3 lives but the lady was still haunting him in the prison the same way she did in the five years but she was opening and closing the cell doors.
Nicole and the Wonderful, Fantastic, Splendid, Very Nice Day
One sunny day, when there was no school, I ate breakfast with my mom and my grandma. We had blueberry pancakes. They were really fantastic. I could tell this was going to be a wonderful, fantastic, splendid, very nice day.
After breakfast I went to the movies with my mom and grandma. We saw the movie Monsters vs. Aliens. We saw it in 3D. We were watching the movie after putting the 3D glasses on. It looked like it came to real life. It was funny and I laughed.
After the movies I went to go eat buffet with my mom, her friend Daniel, and my grandma. In the buffet there was a lot to choose from. I chose to eat cupcakes with red and green frosting, French fries with ketchup, chicken with strawberries, pepperoni and cheese pizza, chocolate pudding, and last, but not least, OREO COOKIES ICE CREAM! The ice cream tasted fantastic.
After dinner we went home. I watched some TV, then I went to go to sleep. Before sleep I said goodnight to my mom, my grandma and Carlos. It was a wonderful, fantastic, splendid, very nice day.
It was a dreadfully hot day in June. The girls, Laytoin, Lisa, Jen, and Cloey walked to the baseball field. They walked slowly because they talked about all the gossip in their school. Then all of the sudden they felt a big shove it was the boys. “Those stupid boys,” Jen said. Laytoin said, “They’re probably going to the baseball field.” Those girls ran as fast as cheetahs. Then they ran so fast that they knocked over Jimmy, “Why did you do that?,” Jimmy questioned. Laytion turned around with her hands on her hips and snapped back, “Because we wanted to.” She was the voice of the group of girls. Joe turned his head and said, “Why don’t you back off and go play with your dolls?” Joe was the leader of the boys. Laytion replied, “Why don’t you go back to play with your transformers?” Both groups of children started to make a racket and walk towards each other. Well everybody except for James and Cloey, they stayed towards the back of the group. Cloey whispered to James, “I don’t know why they fight so much?” James shrugged his shoulders. Cloey and James were the only two that got along. Once everyone realized that Cloey and James were not in the argument their friends turned and looked at them. They began to argue back. James decided that the argument with the girls was silly. “Look guys lets settle this fairly, whoever gets to corner first will get to play at the field today and tomorrow the losers can play.” Cloey announced the people that were to race were Joey and Laytoin. Then Joey said, “Wow wow wow I can’t race a girl.” Why you scared Joey yea your scared the other girls teased. “You scared that a girl is going to beat you,” Lisa shouted. “You shouldn’t be talking Lisa at gym you ran so slow you ran like a snail,” Eddy shouted. Shut up Lisa said. “Could we just get this race on,” Jen remarked. “Okay,” Cloey said you guys only have a minute to get your self together till I count to 3. By the time Cloey could count down to 3 Joey already shoot down the sidewalk. Layoin took a deep breath and shot out like a shooting star in the sky. All he could see was a shooting bullet coming toward him. He ran as fast as he could but it was too late, Laytion the bullet ran past him and her hair swished him right in the face. Then she ran passed him and crossed the finish line. And all the girls started to go crazy. But not the boys they were furious. They started saying you cheated. Both groups of children started to make a fuss. Then Cloey shouted, “STOP! Can’t we all just get along?” “Yea can’t we all get along,” James said. Laytoin said, “The boys are always starting it.” “No we are not,” Eddie whined. Jen said, “We all started the fight. I am tired of it too.” Jimmy said, “Yea I am tired of it too.” Soon all of the children agreed not to fight except for Joey and Laytoin. Laytoin said,” I am not going to get along with Joey but the rest of you are ok…I guess.” Joey rolled his eyes and said, “Whatever can we just play some ball?” The entire group of children started to walk to the field. “Girls are batting first,” Laytoin shouted. The boys groaned and said, “fine.” As the sun went down the bright field lights turned on.
Going Back To Thailand By Krist Vinotai Three years ago, when I was seven years old, I went to Thailand with my mom to visit our family. From Chicago to Thailand it takes two to three days on two airplanes. I didn’t feel tired even though the time is different than the U.S. When it is daytime in the U.S., it is nighttime in Thailand. From the airport, I went to my uncle’s house. I went to sleep right away because it was the middle of the night.
When I woke up the next morning, I saw many people wearing straw hats because it was boiling HOT! It feels like summer everyday in Thailand. The next morning, I went to buy food from the street vendors. There are more street vendors there than in the U.S. I bought banana custard desserts. Thai desserts are better than American desserts because they are sweet and creamy.
Another day, I went to the temple with my mom. The temples in Thailand are gold and have statues of giants outside of them. The giants hold swords to protect the temples. The monks wearing orange robes with almost bald heads were chanting for good luck.
My favorite memory of the trip was when we had a party at my uncle’s house. All of the family came to say goodbye to my mom and me. Someday I want to go back to Thailand to see my family again. I want to go back so badly that I would go on an airplane alone or try swimming there.
In the gym at Carpenter School, my first basketball game was about to begin. The gym was huge. Lots of fans were cheering loudly with signs in the air. It is a boys’ team, and I am the only girl on it. The score board was set up. There was a sign on the wall that read, “GO! YOU CAN DO IT!” The coach’s name was Mr. Pancoto. The bench was empty because we were warming up. We played short games like shooting baskets. We were sweating because it was hot in the gym while we were warming-up. The gym smelled like sweat. About fifteen minutes before the game started, two referees blew their whistles to get started. People started to clap their hands and hold up signs. The players went to get a drink of Gatorade before the game got started.
Five players were picked by the coach to start the game. They were Johnny, Mastaiz, Divertia, Jeremy, and me. Johnny is about 5’6 and he is good at jump shots. Mastaiz is about 5’7 and he does really well with tricks like putting the ball between his legs. Divertia is 6’11 and he is great at blocking. Jeremy is 5’6 and he is super at three point shots. Then, there is me. I’m 5’4 and I’m wonderful at stealing. Also, I’m a fast runner. We play well together most of the time, and we always share the ball with each other. The game began after the coach picked the five players.
The game began and we were doing well. We were winning! Jeremy was making a lot of three point shots. I was stealing the ball until Johnny jumped up. He fell back on his ankles, and then jammed his ankles. Mr. Pancoto had to carry him. When Mr. Pancoto put Johnny on the floor he rushed to get an ice pack. Then, he helped Johnny wrap his ankle. After that, he put the ice on his ankles. He told Eric to take Johnny’s place.
Eric had the ball when Mastaiz said, “Pass the ball to me!” Eric did not want to throw the ball, but Mastaiz was open. Eric was not open and two people were on him blocking him. Eric held the ball and ran with it. It was a travel and one of the referees blew his whistle. Mastaiz got angry and he did not want to play anymore. Before Mastiaz left the gym, he told Eric that he can’t play basketball. Eric felt turned down and sad.
Johnny told Eric to come to him tiredly like he was about to fade. “Now look here. Pass the ball to your teammate,” said Johnny. Then, the coach said, “Why do you think we have other people playing with you? That is so you can pass the ball when you’re not open. Right?” Eric said, “Yeah, I guess.”
After that conversation, Eric went out to apologize to Mastaiz. He forgave him. When the scoreboard buzzed, they went back in the gym. Mastaiz had the ball this time. He threw it to Eric. Everybody gasped. Then, Eric thought about what Johnny and Mr. Pancoto said and remembered to pass the ball. One person was on him blocking. Jeremy was open, so Eric threw the ball to Jeremy. Johnny shot it and made a three point shot! Everybody was proud of Eric and Jeremy. We all ate pizza in the classroom while laughing and telling jokes. THE END
One day I was watching an exciting movie called Transformers. There were these humongous robotic scorpions fighting the soldiers.The scorpions had a sharp tail that they tried to stab the soldiers with. In the end the soldiers killed the scorpions. I was so glad that the soldiers defeated the scorpions that it made me want to be a soldier when I grow up. I already know a lot about what a soldier wears in combat. If a soldier is in the desert he needs to carry water. A soldier needs to wear a metal vest for good protection. Soldiers need weapons like smoke bombs to kill the enemy. They also carry hand weapons like pistols. Sometimes there is a sniper on top of a building and he will spot his enemy and release a bullet.
One day I was watching an exciting movie called Transformers. There were these humongous robotic scorpions fighting the soldiers.The scorpions had a sharp tail that they tried to stab the soldiers with. In the end the soldiers killed the scorpions. I was so glad that the soldiers defeated the scorpions that it made me want to be a soldier when I grow up. I already know a lot about what a soldier wears in combat. If a soldier is in the desert he needs to carry water. A soldier needs to wear a metal vest for good protection. Soldiers need weapons like smoke bombs to kill the enemy. They also carry hand weapons like pistols. Sometimes there is a sniper on top of a building and he will spot his enemy and release a bullet.
One day I was watching an exciting movie called Transformers. There were these humongous robotic scorpions fighting the soldiers. The scorpions had a sharp tail that they tried to stab the soldiers with. In the end the soldiers killed the scorpions. I was so glad that the soldiers defeated the scorpions that it made me want to be a soldier when I grow up. I already know a lot about what a soldier wears in combat. If a soldier is in the desert he needs to carry water. A soldier needs to wear a metal vest for good protection. Soldiers need weapons like smoke bombs to kill the enemy. They also carry hand weapons like pistols. Sometimes there is a sniper on top of a building and he will spot his enemy and release a bullet. The soldiers prepare for war at a training camp. First they learn how to aim a gun and then they spend many hours on target practice. They also practice how to carry a wounded soldier; I think they do this by carrying a bag full of sand over a long distance. It must be hard to fight in the jungle because there is so many bushes, plants and trees that make it difficult to see and shoot the enemy. To be continued........
51 comments:
Going Bowling with Sam, Craig and David
By: David P.
one day sam and craig came to my house to take my brother and I bowing. so we hoped into the car, and sam got me a come book of calen and hobes. It was splendid. On the way we foud a blwing alley, but it was cloes, but we found one in downtown, and it was called lucky strike. I saw lot of neon lights and big screens. I heard lots of screams of winning and herd the crashs of knocking the pins. I smelled the aroma of winning. I felt like expoden with happynes. I tasted hamberger with fries. it was swell because me and sam won in the last game, but danny and craig won the first round. So after that we climd in and went home. Thank you Sam and craig for a superior trip.
First, we go outside to chek if the snow is good. We go to call people to play snowball fight . We went in the backyard to play snowball fight .My cousin Noel, Micl, Alex, Gurito and Tony went outside to play snowball fight.
Next, we start playing snowball fight and we start making the snowballs and throwing them at each other. I was sad because I was getting hit in the back.
Then we stop because my cousin got hit in the faes and my cousin Tony got in troble because he hit my cousin Noel in the faes. My mom and dad said we can’t play snowball fight again.
Alexander Gray
UIC Reading Clinic
February 2, 2009
Have you ever wondered what happens to your goldfish after you flush it down the toilet? Well, Michael Ganza, he has always wondered what happens to fishes after they’ve been flushed down the toilet. Michael has wondered till this day. He’s tried everything, all types of ways to find that out. He’s used cameras; he has stuck his hand in the toilet, and has even tried swimming in the toilet. Yep, Michael is one strange guy. Michael’s old goldfish, Goldie, has been around for about 5 years. Michael, like most kids, would get attached to a pet if you had it for that long. However, after Goldie died Michael was crushed; he wanted to know what happened after he flushed him down the toilet.
It’s the last day of school and everybody is excited because it’s summer. Like most kids they’ll spend their summer doing nothing, but some will go to summer school for fun. Michael Ganza is doing some experiments to find out where fish go after you flush them. “So Michael what you doing this summer?” whispered Jeff “I don’t know maybe some experiments” Michael said. “Dang dude you suck on school or something” Jeff replied. Michael looked at him for a brief second and said “No it’s something personal” Jeff didn’t say a word until the final bell rang. Jeff was looking for Michael, but he was gone. Michael was at home, fixing some cameras and an x-ray machine for his experiment. Michael is a smart kid, but strange, he’s spending his summer finding out where fish go after you flush the down the toilet. Michael made tons of odd machines. He did almost fifty tests, and they all failed. One experiment changed his life forever.
In Michael’s experiment, he used both his x-ray machine and a camera attached to a goldfish. Michael looks deep into the toilet suspiciously to see if it would work. The x-ray machine was failing and the x-ray machine changed into a shrink ray and it shrunk Michael and he fell in the toilet in mid flush. He found out where fish go. To his surprise the fish went to the sewer. “This is where fish go in the ‘stinkin’ sewer? All my work to find out that fish goes to the sewer great, just great!” Michael was saying with a big surprise, like fish go somewhere nice where it smells better. Michael grew back to normal size but he was still in the sewer. He was in there for a few days until he found his way out of the sewer. Michael couldn’t tell from night and day he didn’t know if he was there he for a few days or months. The first thing he did when he got back was take a shower and meet up with his friends. “Man it feels great to be out the sewer.” Michael said in relief. Jeff and the rest of his friends looked at him and said, “Why were you in the sewer?!” “I think that experiment you were doing was a scheme to find out where your fish goes after you flush it down the toilet.” Michael just shrugged and said “Maybe Jeff, just maybe.”
On my first day of school I was shy. I transferred to three different school and I missed my friends.
My teacher told me to sit by the girl. I say hi to her and I play with her everyday of school.
We went to the park at my school and we went back to our classroom to do arts and we eat a snack.
The Day at the Beach
By Amber
Once I went to the beach with a few of my friends and their names were Liz, Tyler, Maddie, Nick and John. We were playing in the water and we were having a lot a fun. Then we get out and went to go get something to eat so we won’t get sick.
We were done eating and Tyler and John wanted to go make a sandcastle and we all said that was a good idea so we started to make one. It was a gigantic castle that we made that took us almost the whole day. Then Nick and I wanted to go play in the water so we did. Then John came with us in the water too. We all were just having fun then we got out and started to work on the castle some more.
John’s dad called us to see how we were doing and John told him fine then when he got off the phone with dad, Tyler cut is finger on glass and so we had to go take him inside and show the lifeguards. They cleaned the wound for him and put a band aid on it and told us to be careful, so we tried to be careful. Then we stopped working on the sandcastle because we were exhausted from the hot day.
We all took the bus to Tyler’s house and ate cheese pizza and got dressed and went out with our friends at the park and then Liz’s mom called and asked if we wanted to go to the beach to see the sunset. We said yes and she took all of us at 6:30 back to the same beach we made the sandcastle. But it was destroyed when we get there and the boys were mad.
So we all were thinking, and Maddie said she had seen Alyssa, Amanda, and Ashley there when we left, so we were thinking maybe they destroyed our sandcastle.
To Be Continued…
Playing the Wii Can Be Dangerous
Yes, dangerous. It’s true. Like when you are playing Wii Sports and release the controller in to your nice twenty inch plasma television. Or when you get hit in the face by the controller (ouch) - or like when you’re all wrapped up in the game that you forgot the time and playing in three o’ clock in the morning and a shadow falls across the carpet and you realize your dog is waiting for you to take him outside.
(To be continued...)
Chocolate is everywhere
At the end of a grocery trip, Jason was at his favorite part of the trip. He was in the candy part of the check-out line. To him he is in “candy heaven.” “Hurry up son “his dad said “we don’t have all day”. He picked randomly and picked the M&M bag. He was glad he picked at that split second or else he would get an earful from his dad.
When he got home he ate his M&M’s by the window in the front of the house. Then, he thought, how it would feel like to be an M&M on the sidewalk. He passed out cold on the floor. His dad heard the noise and went down the stairs from his office in the attic. He couldn’t wake him up. Jason is in a coma. After he passed out, his dad called 911 for an ambulance.
Two days later in the ICU (intensive care unit)he awoke from his coma. In his head, after he passed out he had the same dream while he was eating all over again, but it started over and he added some parts. Here is what Jason dreamed about while he is in a coma.
To Be Continued……
TITLE: Christian’s goal
BY: Christian Flores
I am playing defense. The soccer goalie kicked the ball. The ball was going toward me. I kicked the ball back at the goalie. The goalie wasn’t looking. It’s a goal my friends were shocked. It was high and hard. The fans screaming and shouting. My mom and dad were shouting. My friends were so shocked. They landed on top of me and gave me a high five. The ball was spinning like slow motion. After the whistle the ball looked like blue with white. I was exceptional.
it was a gorgest day me and my family went to a carnival.
we went and got chocolate brownies
They were delicious and fantastic.
it was like a genius that made this
brownies. the carnival was crowed
with beautiful children.
we went and got chocolate cookies
and my brother told me that he didn't
like chocolate i told him to try it
he said that i don't like it! i was mad and upset and I was feeling unappreciated why because he wasn't talking to me and I was feeling forgiving and courageous.
Comment above is to be continued...
Sixteen year old Laura heard her dad snoring like a motorcycle. She knows she was going get away with it now because her parent were sleeping. She tip toed across the room and out of no were the house phone rang. She froze like a statue.
...to be continued
Brandon said
A SCARY STORY
One night my sister scared me and it hurt my feelings. She is a great scary person. I hear the wind blowing and birds flying. I couldn’t see anything because it was dark. I could not touch stuff but I can touch some of the stuff.
Brandon said
The Scary Night
One dark dark night i was sleeping in my bedroom.The wind was making a whistling noise ...whoosh....I felt cold and shivering so i jumped out of bed to close the window shut.
I heard footsteps coming toward me! I felt so scared that i pulled the blankets over my face. It looked like the shadow of a ghost from my bed.
The ghost moved closer and closer to me.It grabbed my hand and i shouted out "HELP ME".
The ghost ran out of the room.I was crying and my mom rushed in. I told my mom there was ghost, she said "Calm down" there's no ghost, it was just a bad dream.
CRASH LANDING
“Emma come back!” Emma’s mother cries as the little baby scampers to another window her little pigtails bobbing as she tottered on a seat.
But the pilot had his own problems. He got news that the wing was damaged and the plain was losing height. The plane jolted and Emma fell off the chair and rolled under the seat. Emma giggled like it was a game of hid and seek.
TO BE CONTINUED...
Chocolate is everywhere
At the end of a grocery trip, Jason was at his favorite part of the trip. He was in the candy part of the check-out line. To him he is in “candy heaven.” “Hurry up son” his dad said “we don’t have all day”. He picked randomly and picked the M&M bag. He was glad he picked at that split second or else he would get an earful from his dad.
When he got home he ate his M&M’s by the window in the front of the house. Then, he thought, how it would feel like to be an M&M on the sidewalk. Then out of the blue he passed out cold on the floor. His dad heard the noise and went down the stairs from his office in the attic. His dad tried to wake him up but he couldn’t so he thought he was either dead or in a coma. After his effort failed in trying to wake Jason up, his dad called 9-1-1 for an ambulance.
Two days later in the ICU (intensive care unit) he awoke from his coma. While he was in a coma, he had a dream about being an M&M.
On a hot summer day Jason was a regular M&M, in a regular M&M bag. But what he didn’t notice, was that his own mother was eating the bag. He tried to give an S.O.S to his mother but she thought it was a fly. She heard the noise and tracked it to the M&M that Jason was. After the noise incident, she threw “him” to the floor. Next, a homeless person walked up and picked him up and tried to eat him. He rolled out of his hand and rolled away to the bushes.
Now, to sum the story up, Jason doesn’t want to be an M&M anymore. He wants to be himself.
Playing the Wii Can Be Dangerous
Yes, dangerous. It’s true. Like when you are playing Wii Sports and release the controller in to your nice twenty inch plasma television. Or when you get hit in the face by the controller (ouch) - or like when you’re all wrapped up in the game that you forgot the time and playing in three o’ clock in the morning and a shadow falls across the carpet and you realize your dog is waiting for you to take him outside. Suddenly, your whole family is waiting for the television not knowing that you stayed up all night. But you are eager to play more and avoid your doom.
What happened to me wasn’t that bad. But I still remember one of the times I started a fire by knocking down the candle when I just got the Wii.
CRASH LANDING
“Emma come back!” Emma’s mother cries as the little baby scampers to another window her little pigtails bobbing as she tottered on a seat.
But the pilot had his own problems. He got news that the wing was damaged and the plain was losing height. The plane jolted and Emma fell off the chair and rolled under the seat. Emma giggled like it was a game of hid and seek. That’s when the pilot made up his mind and grabbed a parachute pack and jumped.
“Emma!” her mother screamed like there was no tomorrow, “Where are you?”
She went to look at the pilot and saw he was gone she dashed back.
“Emma,” she screamed now crying with frustration and fear. Emma tried to crawl to her mother but her shirt was caught.
She burst out crying but now the noise of the giant plane spiraling through the air and people screaming was louder. Every thing in the plane was pandemonium as the plane plummeted to the ground.
Then the plane hit the water and the sound ceased. The plane was broken in half with such fours that it tossed Emma and freed her shirt. The last thing her mother saw of her was Emma reaching out as the current took then different directions. The mom and daughter were each on a different thing one in a life raft and one perched on a piece of debris crying.
The beginning of my short story:
My name is Mike and I’m in love with a girl. Not just a girl but the type of girl that take your breath away. She has a body of a model, face of a goddess, and the brains of a rocket scientist. Her name is Niecy; she was not just your every day girl but the type of girl that stayed on your mind all day long. Niecy has it all.
Now, I, Mike am just your average Joe. I’m on the football team but I’m not the captain. I’m no genius but I’m no dummy. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not Chris Brown but I got swag. Some people think that we are an odd couple but we’re in love.
Having a girl like Niecey makes a guy feel like he's the king. I got too big headed and thought that if I could get a girl like Niecy I can have whatever I wont to have. So Raven then come in to the picture. We started to talk which lead up to a little friendly flirting. Then after a littlie time past we got closer, we talk on the phone until two in the morning; we ever talk about going out some time. Well when I was on the phone with Raven I didn’t thing that I was doing nothing wrong because in my head I didn’t think that it was cheating.
Then one day everything was going perfect, I had a fantastic girlfriend and a good friend that happen to be a girl. Niecy asked me for my phone and my first mind was to just give it to her and not think what I had in my phone. I didn’t think that she would go snooping in my phone because everything was going so wonderful. I wouldn’t have done that to her if that was me because I trusted her.
Being 13
By: Alexander Gray
Have you wondered why 13 is the worst age to be? I'm Anthony Smith and I'm 13, and my life is a wreck. Well it started at the first day of school I had just started 8th grade and it was the worst day of my life. The class clown was trying to do something for attention, so he tried to pull peoples pants down. By lunch time my guard was down so as I got out of my seat he dropped my pants, and yelled out "Hey! look Smith wears pink underwear." Everyone started to laugh at me except for one girl Kayla Morris, she was the most popular girl in the class. She looked around to see if anyone was paying attention to her and blew a kiss at me, I looked to see if anyone was behind me and there were a few people behind me but they were to busy laughing at me. Then at that point I pulled up my pants and I thought, "Was that for me" because she never notice or talk to me before and plus she has a boyfriend, so then I threw my trash away.
TO BE CONTINUED!!
The Truth of the Sickness
We are the type of family that goes out to eat and it was a night that my dad said "I can't see the lights of the cars, I see stars." I thought laughing o my God my dad needs glasses I wonder how he will look.
It was a fall morning. I had to go to school. It was the day my dad had to go to the doctor. A few weeks before, my dad Ferny wasn't feeling so good. He already needed glasses because of his sugar. He didn't deny that he was seeing funny but he just didn't want to go to the doctor.
My mom pushed him to go to the doctor for a physical that he needed. My dad had to go down to the lab to get a blood test. This was all that happened in that day. Just about half a day passed the Dr. called my dad at home with some bad news saying he had diabetes As soon as my dad heard that was when he felt that was the end of his life. But my mom told him we are a family and we will get out of this. She said that because his sugar was way to high. Later at the dinner table my mom and dad started telling my brother and I. At first when I heard, it was ok. Then I was thinking what is “that” I did not know what diabetes was but then my mom and dad started telling me. The moment my mom and dad finished telling me, I started thinking my dad can end up in the hospital or in a coma. But I told my dad, "it is ok and the same way we are a family we will be a family to get out of this sickness."
After that about a week passed my mom, dad, and I went to the Dr. The Dr. had ended up giving my dad classes so that he can know how to take care of the sugar in takes. I went to every class with my dad. I did not miss out on one of the classes.
By: Angelica Moreno
The Bad Kids (1st Draft)
by Gleniqua Hunter
I did not like dum kids becaus they love to fight. one kid threw his basketball at the gouge. they almost hit my mom car. they is bad. one heat me wet a rouk. they go to my school. they love to play. they love to sea out to 10:00.
it was a gorgeous
day me and my family went to a carnival.
we went and got chocolate brownies
They were delicious and fantastic.
it was like a genius that made this
brownies. the carnival was crowed
with beautiful children.
we went and got chocolate cookies
and my brother told me that he didn't
like chocolate I told him to try it
he said that I don't like it! I was mad and upset and I was feeling unappreciated why because he wasn't talking to me.
When I was growing up with brother it was really hard because when he was being bossy, selfish, un satisfied. My brother behavior is so disrespectful.
My brother is not always disrespectful all the time he is precious when watching TV playing the game.
I want to forgive me and my family teach me how to forgive I remember one time me and my brother was arguing about his money was gone we was wondering where the money had went me and my brother was arguing about his money my sister had it all that time I had told him that I didn’t have it he said sorry I forgive him because he is little and plus I will forgive my sister at all times no madder what.
At the carnival people was fight and arguing and all over the place I took me and my brother and sister and took them to a spot that would be safe
to be continued
I Saw History In The Making!!!
It was early in the morning on Monday. I heard my mom on the phone saying'' I can't believe we are not in Washington D.C." I thought to my self that I was going to see the 1 black president of the United States. I would also see my older big brother. My mom said to her" mom do you won't to go with Lyndsey to Washington?"
We got an early start at 5:30. We began to walk inn the cold weather. It was so cold that it felt like I was Santa in the North Pole but still we kept walking. it was so many people out there I felt like a puppy that’s getting chassed around by a little boy. All I hard was chitter chatter like children in a play round. It took us 2 hours to get there.
To be continued
Ian was happy walking to school because he was going to get deer skin for his teacher. He was walking a different way to school and that's when he saw it. He stopped by a disgusting, swampish forest. He was scared because he didn't know what was in it and didn't know if there were animals that would eat him and kill him. He let it go and went in the forest. He saw a little bottle with red stuff and he felt excited because he thought he could show that to his teacher. It was better than the animal skin it was a potion. It looked like red paint. The bottle was made of clear thick glass and it looked like a balloon with a rope attached to it. He thought it would be cool to drink it. He drank the potion. Suddenly in a flash there were two of him.
My name is Mike and I’m in love with a girl. Not just a girl but the type of girl that take your breath away. She has a body of a model, face of a goddess, and the brains of a rocket scientist. Her name is Niecey; she was not just your every day girl but the type of girl that stayed on your mind all day long. Niecey has it all.
Now, I, Mike am just your average Joe. I’m on the football team but I’m not the captain. I’m no genius but I’m no dummy. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not Chris Brown but I got swag. Some people think that we are an odd couple but we’re in love.
Having a girl like Niecey makes a guy feel like he's the king. I got too big headed and thought that if I could get a girl like Niecey I can have whatever I wont to have. So Raven then come in to the picture. We started to talk which lead up to a little friendly flirting. Then after a littlie time past we got closer, we talk on the phone until two in the morning; we ever talk about going out some time. Well when I was on the phone with Raven I didn’t thing that I was doing nothing wrong because in my head I didn’t think that it was cheating.
Then one day everything was going perfect, I had a fantastic girlfriend and a good friend that happen to be a girl. Niecey asked me for my phone and my first mind was to just give it to her and not think what I had in my phone. I didn’t think that she would go snooping in my phone because everything was going so wonderful. I wouldn’t have done that to her if that was me because I trusted her.
Looking at Niecey face I know that something was wrong. She found some calls from Raven at all time of the night. Not only did she find the phone calls but she found something worse, she found text messages. It was a lot of texts too. The texts were about Raven and I going to the movies, what’s the problem with us going out as friends, nothing was wrong with that to me but it was to HER.
Niecey looked furious, like her head was a bomb about to explode. Her grip was so tight on the phone that she looked like a muscle man about to crush her opponent. I was so nervous that when I asked for my phone I started to stutter. I reached for the phone but she refused to let go, I knew then that something was very wrong.
Niecey went off on me like an unleashed beast out of a cave. She screamed, “You dumba**, you’re cheating on me.” I sat there looking like a baby who just got his candy taken away. Niecey stormed off into the sunset and I started to think about what I could do to get her back.
I called her continuously until she picked up and hung up on me. I tried all night into the next. When we saw each other she went past me like I was a ghost. She finally answered after days of phone calls and yelled at me for annoying her. I made up a sob story about how Raven was just my friend and I didn’t want her like that. We slowly started talking to each other but every time we did she brushed me off. Her friends or the school bell always seemed to interrupt us.
But then one day, not like the other days, I went up to her and she gave me a chance to talk. She even said something back to me; I now knew she still cared. My first thought was that I had a chance to get back with her. We talked about what had happened that when she called me. As time went on we made progress and I’m still working on getting her back. I LOVE NIECY and will do anything for her.
An excited player
I was happy because I was at a baskball game. The baskball palyer was hamongous and excited because he knows he is a confident palyer. Hes so happy because he has won the game.
I Saw History In The Making!!!
It was early in the morning on Monday. I heard my mom on the phone saying'' I can't believe we are not in Washington D.C." I thought to my self that I was going to see the 1 black president of the United States. I would also see my older big brother. My mom said to her" mom do you won't to go with Lyndsey to Washington?"
We got an early start at 5:30. We began to walk inn the cold weather. It was so cold that it felt like I was Santa in the North Pole but still we kept walking. It was so many people out there I felt like a puppy that’s getting chassed around by a little boy. All I hard was chitter chatter like children in a play round. It took us 2 hours to get there. Once we got to the mall we had to stand. I got to here a lot people sink like Beyonce, Usher, Mariah C carry and a lot of more people. After all the people sang I thought president Obama was coming out on the stage
My heart felt happy to sad and I felt like the earth was about to explode because he did not come out instead of him it was more sinning. After that another person came out and talked. Finally he came out People where screaming this time my heart went from sad to happy after all my earth did not explode .My heart sang “put a ring on it”
He began the speech by saying “I stand here today humbled by the task before us, grateful for the trust you have bestowed, mindful of the sacrifices borne by our ancestors.” I listened and video taped what he said .I felt cold, happy,sad,felt like crying, and felt inspired .he made me fell inspired so maybe when I grow up that I will be the 1st black woman president.
to be continued
Sixteen year old Laura heard her dad snoring like a motorcycle. She knows she was going get away with it now because her parent were sleeping. She tip toed across the bedroom and out of no were the house phone rang. She froze like a statue
She kept walking slowly because she was didn’t know what to do. She finally got to her window she know she was going to get away with it know because she’s done it before. She quietly opened her crying window. With her brown curly her hitting her in shinny green eyes she jumped out the window.
She was walking down the dark vacant street and she saw her aunts SUV. Her aunt stops and said worriedly, “ Were are you going little girl?”
Laura lied, “To a friends house for a sleep over,” as she figgited with her hands.
Her aunt asked, “At this time of night? Do your parents know?”
“Of course they know.” She looked away from her aunt.
“Well do you want a rid?”
“ No I’ll walk its only two block away.”
“Ok see you later,” Her aunt says secretly dialing Laura’s parents number on her cell phone.
The Bad Kids
by Gleniqua Hunter
People should respect their neighbors. I do not like the dumb kids who are my neighbors because they love to cause trouble. One day one kid threw his basketball at the garage. They almost hit my mom car. The parent doesn’t kare. They love to stay out to 10:00. I was jumping rope with my frond. I stopped in he in taey my shoo. Next one bad boy was hiding behind the wall. Suddenly, he hit me with a rock. Then I went to go tell. The mom takes the basketball hoop.
Me and my brother and sister
It was a gorgeous
day me and my family went to a carnival.
We went and got chocolate brownies.
They were delicious and fantastic.
It was like a genius that made this
brownies. The carnival was crowed
with beautiful children.
We went and got chocolate cookies
and my brother told me that he didn't
like chocolate. I told him to try it
he said “I don't like it!” I said “just try it.” I was mad and upset and I was feeling unappreciated Why? Because he wasn't talking to me.
When I growing up with brother it was really hard because when he was being bossy, selfish, un satisfied. “I want the remote, no I want that!” My brother behavior is so disrespectful. When sometime he say that he hate me but I know that he really don’t mean that it is all right. But I love him!
My brother is not always disrespectful all the time he is precious when watching TV or playing the game.
I want to forgive. Me and my family teach me how to forgive. I remember one time me and my brother was arguing about his money was gone. We was wondering where the money had went . We had know where it had went. Me and my brother was arguing about his money. My sister had it all that time and my brother was hollering at me all that time. I had told him that I didn’t have it he said sorry I forgive him because he is little and plus I will forgive my sister and brother, at all times no madder what.
At the carnival people was fight and arguing and all over the place. “Why they was fighting?” because someone had hit the other and spilt juice on the other person. And they went running around not saying excuse me just bumping me and hitting other people. I took me and my brother and sister and took them to a spot that would be safe.
To be continued….
One sweaty day, long ago in Mexico, everyone was busy in the neighborhood. There were a lot of cars on the narrow streets. All around you can hear people honking their horns.
Omar Rivera
It started out as a beautiful day the sun was out the sky was clear. I decided to take my dog spot out to play at the park down the street. We went to go play a game of fetch with the blue ball that spot loves so much. Just throwing the ball around the park spot going back and forward trying to catch the ball and he always catches it. I had so much fun running around with spot seeing him have fun. Everyone knows the Grayhounds love to run so they all watched.
I saw my friend hang out by the big hill. I when by my friend to go see what she was doing and spot wolked with me.
“Hey Jane what are you doing up here?” Allison asked.
Allison is my best friend from school, and we are going to be gradurading 8th grad this year.
“Just playing with my dog because it’s a nice day outside,” I said.
“Would you like to come with me to the Shuger shak?”
“ Sure I just have to take spot back home. Meet you there in 10 minutes.”
To be continued…
Perry and the Great, Excellent, Wonderful, Very Good Day
By Nicholas Chiu
I went to bed with games in my big bed. I could tell it was going to be a great, excellent, wonderful, very good day.
To Be Continued...
Omar Rivera
It started out as a beautiful day the sun was out the sky was clear. I decided to take my dog spot out to play at the park down the street. We went to go play a game of fetch with the blue ball that spot loves so much. Just throwing the ball around the park spot going back and forward trying to catch the ball and he always catches it. I had so much fun running around with spot seeing him have fun. Everyone knows the Grayhounds love to run so they all watched.
I saw my friend hang out by the big hill. I went by my friend to go see what she was doing and spot walked with me.
“Hey Jane what are you doing up here?” Allison asked.
Allison is my best friend from school, and we are going to be gradurading 8th grad this year.
“Just playing with my dog because it’s a nice day outside,” I said.
“Would you like to come with me to the Shuger shak?”
“Sure I just have to take spot back home. Meet you there in 10 minutes.”
*** I walked back home to leave spot at home. I gave spot some ice cold water and some food to eat then went to go meet Allison at the shuger shak.
* * *
After eating ice cream its time for me to go home. When I get home I notis the door was open. I go in side and I don’t see Spot in side in the house. I call his name a few time but his still not comeing. I ran up stars to ask my perines where spot was.
“Hey mom where did spot go?” I asked.
“Not sure, did you leave the door open?” Mom said.
“ I am not sure if I did or not.”
“ you stay here just in case if he come back. I well go look for him.”
* * *
I was looking out the window maybe he well run by the house. I hope he is okey. My mom come home looks at me with a sad look on her face.
“ I found Spot.”
“Really where is he.”
“I found him but he got hit by a car.”
To be continued…..
THE AMAZING POTION
Drink a potion even if you don’t know what’s going to happen.
Ian was happy walking to school because he was going to get deer skin for his teacher. He was walking a different way to school and that's when he saw it. He stopped by a disgusting, swampy forest. He was scared because he didn't know what was in it and didn't know if there were animals that would eat him and kill him. He let it go because he thought he would find animal skin so he went in the forest. He saw a little bottle with red stuff and he felt excited because he thought he could show that to his teacher. It was better than the animal skin. It was a potion! It looked like red paint and blood. The bottle was made of clear thick glass and it looked like a balloon with a rope attached to it. He thought it would be cool to drink it so he drank the potion. Suddenly in a flash there were two of him!!!
Ian freaked out and said “what! Why is there another one of me?” Ian calmed down and he thought since there were two of him, then Ian #2 could go to school. He told Ian #2 to go to school then he said “I’ll lead you there”. So he led Ian #2 to school and no one saw him. Ian left and went home. When Ian got home he felt great. Then he played his play station and his game boy. Meanwhile Ian was playing his Game Boy, Ian #2 was at school doing an assignment. He was a student who likes to learn and when he went to school he felt excited. Both Ian’s were happy¸ but they couldn’t be together when there mom and dad were there.
When Ian #2 got home from school Ian came down the stairs. His mom and dad saw two Ians one was coming home from school and one was coming down the stairs. And then they saw their parents and they tried to explain. They were shocked and they went to the table and said “why are there two Ians? There is not supposed to be two Ians”. Then Ian tried to explain. When Ian explained why he did it, his mom said “you can keep Ian #2 if you don’t fight and you both go to school”. They were happy because whenever they had homework they could help each other on homework.
Cheating Penguins
By Samantha Jimenez
Joe and Isabella are drinking coffee at the shop.
yum! This sweet bread tastes good!” says Isabella.
Yum! This coffee tastes really delicious!” says Joe
Joe said, “do you want to go eat fish at my house?”
Back at Joe’s house, Joe said, “The fish is not here.” Then Isabella said, “Then let’s go buy one”. When she said that Joe suddenly looked at his watch. “Oh look, I gotta go!”
And Isabella said, “Why?” Then she looked at the clock and said, “Oh, I gotta go too!”
Joe and Isabella left in a hurry. Joe was about to go meet Francesca. But it’s 9 o’clock and he is going to see where Isabella is going first. He follows her home and sneaks in to hide behind her couch. Then there’s a knock on the door. “Who is it,” calls Isabella. “Fred.” She opens the door and says, “You are handsome!” and gives him a kiss on the cheek. “Look at my new picture!” said Isabella. Meanwhile, Joe snuck out. “Perfect! We are even!” and he goes to meet Francesca at the pizza restaurant. They sat down at a table. Suddenly, Isabella and Fred come in. They see Joe kiss Francesca. “How could you!” Isabella yells. You are cheating too so it’s even!” says Joe.
Francesca says, “We are over!” The two girls said, “Forget about boys! We’ve got better things to do! We are over forever!”
The Best Team
By: Sam Jimenez
I was at the baskball game and I saw the baskball player shoting everwhere and after that the game stared. Michael have the ball and he is going for a dunk and he made it because he is humongous. Michael is excited because he made 20poins by himself and there all dunks and some are 3pointers. The audience are excited because Michael made 20poins by himself and they are wining the game and the poins are 90 to 70. Michael is happy because he knows he is a confident player.
When Michael is going out to dunk he got pushed. He got injured and he got pulled out the game. It was the 4th quarter when he got pulled from the game. When Michael got out the game it was a tie. Then 3 minutes left he came back in the game. He staer making 3pointers. The adinc are so excited because Michael is making 3pointers and they are wining the game.
Losing A Friend
Omar Rivera
It started out as a beautiful day the sun was out the sky was clear. I decided to take my dog Spot out to play at the park down the street. We went to go play a game of fetch with the blue ball that Spot loves so much. Just throwing the ball around the park Spot going back and forward trying to catch the ball and he always catches it. I had so much fun running around with Spot seeing him have fun. Everyone knows the greyhounds love to run so they all watched.
I saw my friend hang out by the big hill. I went by my friend to go see what she was doing and Spot walked with me.
“Hey Jane what are you doing up here?” Allison asked.
Allison is my best friend from school, and we are going to be graduating 8th grade this year.
“Just playing with my dog because it’s a nice day outside,” I said.
“Would you like to come with me to the Sugar Shack?”
“Sure I just have to take Spot back home. Meet you there in 10 minutes.”
I walked back home to leave Spot at home. I gave Spot some ice cold water and some food to eat then went to go meet Allison at the Sugar Shack.
* * *
After eating ice cream its time for me to go home. When I get home I notice the door was open. I go in side and I don’t see Spot in side in the house. I call his name a few times but his still not coming. I ran up stars to ask my parents where Spot was.
“Hey Mom where did Spot go?” I asked.
“Not sure, did you leave the door open?” Mom said.
“I am not sure if I did or not.”
“ You stay here just in case if he comes back. I will go look for him.”
* * *
I was looking out the window maybe he will run by the house. I hope he is okay. My mom come home looks at me with a sad look on her face.
“I found Spot.”
“Really where is he?”
“I found him but he got hit by a car.”
My eyes started to fill up with water like a water fall. I began to cry.
“Its all my fault I left the door open.”
“Its going to be ok.”
The next day my dad and I went to the cemetery to go bury Spot. My dad pulled Spot from the car and brought him to the hole. I began to cry when I saw Spot in a bag. I wanted to tell him I am sorry. Staring at him when my dad is putting him in the hole.
“I am so sorry Spot that I left the door open. You were my best friend.”
He lives in an abandon house, goes out the house once in while, collects creep things that’s in the yard. He raises himself in this abandon house on a middle rich class street. He has no friends, and when he leaves the house he says “Hi” to people on the street that he don’t know and if they don’t say anything, he says something scary back.
One day, the man went to a hardwood store and got a shovel and a knife and he said “Hi” to a young small lady on the street. The lady said nothing then he said “Your going to wish you said good morning back to me”. Then the lady took off and later the man starts digging a hole in his yard for some reason and was making a lot of noise.
Then the next day, the lady he said “Hi” live two houses down and he was walking and the lady was bring in some food and she drop a bag. Then the man said “Let me help you” and the lady took off into the house and left the bag. Then the man pick it up and walk to the door and knock on the door. Then the lady opens the door quick and grabbed the bag and tries to close the door but the man foot stops it. The man said, “I’m sorry about yesterday” “Would you like to have dinner at my house?” “Sure” said the lady happily”
Then the man went to the food market and got some food for the dinner. Then the doorbell rang and it was the lady. “Hello” said the lady “Welcome to my home” said the man “Come sit right here” said the man Then after the dinner the man ask the lady if he could show him his room and the lady said “Yes” Then they went up and the man said let go see my yard. “Ok” said the lady Confusedly Then the lady saw the hole and the lady ask, “What’s the hole for?” “YOU!” said the man madly and “POW” the shovel hit the lady in the head and he stab her and let her bleed to death in the hole.
Then for five years the lady he kill was haunting him and he couldn’t take it anymore and still was not caught for what he did. The police department was still trying to find out who did it put they couldn’t match the DNA to anybody. So the man was living in an unknown small town in Texas. The police was trying to find out who own the building and they did but he didn’t match the DNA. So the offices ask him if he know who move in the house after him and he didn’t know. So the police went to go search the house to see if there was anything inside the house that would help them find the guy who killed the lady.
Then the next day, first thing in the morning they went to the house and find a nametag and it had a name and it was Mike Tomas that work at a drug store. They call the lab to search a man name Mike Tomas to see if he had a police record and had no record. Then they went to the nearest drug store from the murder house. They find it and the manger said that “That’s not his name, he flip it so someone couldn’t find him. His real name is Tomas Mike” The police ask if he know where he want and he said, “A state that started with a T and that’s all I know officers.” “Ok thank you kind sir”
Then next day they went to Texas and the others because most of the murders are in Texas and happens in Texas. They went to this small town were they found other murders and they went to a drug store to see if they seen him before and a man said yes and he show him the house and the police arrested him and he was sent to prison for 3 life’s.
He lives in an abandon house, goes out the house once in while, collects creep things that’s in the yard. He raises himself in this abandon house on a middle rich class street. He has no friends, and when he leaves the house he says “Hi” to people on the street that he don’t know and if they don’t say anything, he says something scary back.
One day, the man went to a hardwood store and got a shovel and a knife and he said “Hi” to a young small lady on the street. The lady said nothing then he said “Your going to wish you said good morning back to me”. Then the lady took off and later the man starts digging a hole in his yard for some reason and was making a lot of noise.
Then the next day, the lady he said “Hi” live two houses down and he was walking and the lady was bring in some food and she drop a bag. Then the man said “Let me help you” and the lady took off into the house and left the bag. Then the man pick it up and walk to the door and knock on the door. Then the lady opens the door quick and grabbed the bag and tries to close the door but the man foot stops it. The man said, “I’m sorry about yesterday” “Would you like to have dinner at my house?” “Sure” said the lady happily”
Then the man went to the food market and got some food for the dinner. Then the doorbell rang and it was the lady. “Hello” said the lady “Welcome to my home” said the man “Come sit right here” said the man Then after the dinner the man ask the lady if he could show him his room and the lady said “Yes” Then they went up and the man said let go see my yard. “Ok” said the lady Confusedly Then the lady saw the hole and the lady ask, “What’s the hole for?” “YOU!” said the man madly and “POW” the shovel hit the lady in the head and he stab her and let her bleed to death in the hole.
Then for five years the lady he kill was haunting him and he couldn’t take it anymore and still was not caught for what he did. The police department was still trying to find out who did it put they couldn’t match the DNA to anybody. So the man was living in an unknown small town in Texas. The police was trying to find out who own the building and they did but he didn’t match the DNA. So the offices ask him if he know who move in the house after him and he didn’t know. So the police went to go search the house to see if there was anything inside the house that would help them find the guy who killed the lady.
Then the next day, first thing in the morning they went to the house and find a nametag and it had a name and it was Mike Tomas that work at a drug store. They call the lab to search a man name Mike Tomas to see if he had a police record and had no record. Then they went to the nearest drug store from the murder house. They find it and the manger said that “That’s not his name, he flip it so someone couldn’t find him. His real name is Tomas Mike” The police ask if he know where he want and he said, “A state that started with a T and that’s all I know officers.” “Ok thank you kind sir”
Then next day they went to Texas and the others because most of the murders are in Texas and happens in Texas. They went to this small town were they found other murders and they went to a drug store to see if they seen him before and a man said yes and he show him the house and the police arrested him and he was sent to prison for 3 life’s.
Perry and the Great, Excellent, Wonderful, Very Good Day
By Nicholas Chiu
I went to sleep with games on my big bed. When I got into bed I got a new blanket on my big bed. It was Flushed Away, my most favorite. I could tell I was going to have a great, excellent, wonderful, very good day.
At breakfast there was a game on the table waiting for me. The game was Destie Warior 4. This is better than Desney Waiorr 3 because there are more people. It was as perfect as being at Disney World.
My mom made me my favorite breakfast. It was toast, eggs, and milk. Dad, gramma, and grandpa ate breakfast with me. I could tell it as going to be a great, excellent, wonderful, very good day.
At recess I accidentally smacked Justin on the back when we were playing tag. He didn’t even get mad or cry. I am having a great, excellent, wonderful, very good day.
Justin came to my house and we played Hide and Seek. I got a perfect place to hide, it was under my bed. It took Justin 1 hour to find me. It was a great, excellent, wonderful, very good day.
There was a big steak for dinner and I love steak.
There was Flushed Away on TV and I love Flushed Away.
Our moms let Justin have a sleep over at my house. We stayed up late, watched movies and ate nachos.
My friend says some days are like that. Even in Chicago.
Mystery man
He lives in an abandon house, goes out the house once in while, collects creepy things in the yard. He raised himself in this abandon house on a middle rich class street. He has no friends, and when he leaves the house he says “Hi” to people on the street that he don’t know and if they don’t say anything, he says something scary back.
One day, the man went to a hardwood store and got a shovel and a knife and he said “Hi” to a young lady on the street. The lady didn’t say anything and the man continued saying “Your going to wish you said good morning back to me”. Then the lady took off and later the man starts digging a hole in his yard for some reason and was making a lot of noise.
Then the next day, the lady he said “Hi” live two houses down and he was walking and the lady was bring in some food and she drop a bag. Then the man called “Let me help you” and the lady took off into the house and left the bag. Then the man picked it up and walks to the door and knocks on the door. Then the lady opens the door quick and grabbed the bag and tries to close the door but the man foot stops it. The man said, “I’m sorry about yesterday. Would you like to have dinner at my house?” “Sure” replied the lady happily.
Then the man went to the food market and got some food for the dinner. Then the doorbell rang and it was the lady. “Hello” said the lady “Welcome to my home” response the man “Come sit right here” called the man Then after the dinner the man ask the lady if he could show him his room and the lady said “Yes” Then they went up and the man said let go see my yard. “Ok” said the lady Confusedly Then the lady saw the hole and the lady ask, “What’s the hole for?” “YOU!” yelled the man madly and “POW” the shovel hit the lady in the head and he stab her and let her bleed to death in the hole.
Then for five years the lady he killed haunted him by going in his dreams and opening and closing the windows and doors and taking things out his hands and making them hover in the air. He couldn’t take it anymore and still was not caught for what he did. The police department was still trying to find out who did it put they couldn’t match the DNA to anybody. So the man was living in an unknown small town in Texas. The police were trying to find out who own the building and they did but he didn’t match the DNA. So the officers ask him if he know who move in the house after him and he didn’t know. So the police went to go search the house to see if there was anything inside the house that would help them find the guy who killed the lady.
Then the next day, first thing in the morning they went to the house and find a nametag and it had a name and it was Mike Tomas that work at a drug store. They call the lab to search a man named Mike Tomas to see if he had a police record and he had no record. Then they went to the nearest drug store from the murder house. They found it and the manger retort “That’s not his name, he flipped it so someone couldn’t find him. His real name is Tomas Mike” The police ask if he know where he wants and he took action, “A state that started with a T and that’s all I know officers.” “Ok thank you kind sir.”
Then next day they went to Texas and not the others because most of the murders are in Texas. They went to this small town were they found other murders and they went to a drug store to see if they seen him before and a man cried yes and he show him the house. After they told the man to leave, they kick down the door and grab Tomas and push him down the stairs to the car. The officers put the wires on his hand and put him in the car. Put the officers forgot to search him, so he had a knife on him and cut the wire.
Then he run all the way till he gets to Mexico and left the states and the American officers could not get him because they can’t go to Mexico. Then they found him in a town and took them three years to find him. The men tried to run again but they had police on every corner. They grab him “Nooooooo” scream the man and the officers remember they had to search him and were sent to prison for 3 lives but the lady was still haunting him in the prison the same way she did in the five years but she was opening and closing the cell doors.
Nicole and the Wonderful, Fantastic, Splendid, Very Nice Day
One sunny day, when there was no school, I ate breakfast with my mom and my grandma. We had blueberry pancakes. They were really fantastic. I could tell this was going to be a wonderful, fantastic, splendid, very nice day.
After breakfast I went to the movies with my mom and grandma. We saw the movie Monsters vs. Aliens. We saw it in 3D. We were watching the movie after putting the 3D glasses on. It looked like it came to real life. It was funny and I laughed.
After the movies I went to go eat buffet with my mom, her friend Daniel, and my grandma. In the buffet there was a lot to choose from. I chose to eat cupcakes with red and green frosting, French fries with ketchup, chicken with strawberries, pepperoni and cheese pizza, chocolate pudding, and last, but not least, OREO COOKIES ICE CREAM! The ice cream tasted fantastic.
After dinner we went home. I watched some TV, then I went to go to sleep. Before sleep I said goodnight to my mom, my grandma and Carlos. It was a wonderful, fantastic, splendid, very nice day.
A Race to the Field
By Esther Silva
It was a dreadfully hot day in June. The girls, Laytoin, Lisa, Jen, and Cloey walked to the baseball field. They walked slowly because they talked about all the gossip in their school. Then all of the sudden they felt a big shove it was the boys. “Those stupid boys,” Jen said. Laytoin said, “They’re probably going to the baseball field.”
Those girls ran as fast as cheetahs. Then they ran so fast that they knocked over Jimmy, “Why did you do that?,” Jimmy questioned. Laytion turned around with her hands on her hips and snapped back, “Because we wanted to.” She was the voice of the group of girls. Joe turned his head and said, “Why don’t you back off and go play with your dolls?” Joe was the leader of the boys. Laytion replied, “Why don’t you go back to play with your transformers?” Both groups of children started to make a racket and walk towards each other. Well everybody except for James and Cloey, they stayed towards the back of the group.
Cloey whispered to James, “I don’t know why they fight so much?” James shrugged his shoulders. Cloey and James were the only two that got along. Once everyone realized that Cloey and James were not in the argument their friends turned and looked at them. They began to argue back. James decided that the argument with the girls was silly. “Look guys lets settle this fairly, whoever gets to corner first will get to play at the field today and tomorrow the losers can play.” Cloey announced the people that were to race were Joey and Laytoin. Then Joey said, “Wow wow wow I can’t race a girl.” Why you scared Joey yea your scared the other girls teased. “You scared that a girl is going to beat you,” Lisa shouted. “You shouldn’t be talking Lisa at gym you ran so slow you ran like a snail,” Eddy shouted. Shut up Lisa said. “Could we just get this race on,” Jen remarked. “Okay,” Cloey said you guys only have a minute to get your self together till I count to 3.
By the time Cloey could count down to 3 Joey already shoot down the sidewalk. Layoin took a deep breath and shot out like a shooting star in the sky. All he could see was a shooting bullet coming toward him. He ran as fast as he could but it was too late, Laytion the bullet ran past him and her hair swished him right in the face. Then she ran passed him and crossed the finish line. And all the girls started to go crazy. But not the boys they were furious. They started saying you cheated. Both groups of children started to make a fuss. Then Cloey shouted, “STOP! Can’t we all just get along?” “Yea can’t we all get along,” James said. Laytoin said, “The boys are always starting it.” “No we are not,” Eddie whined. Jen said, “We all started the fight. I am tired of it too.” Jimmy said, “Yea I am tired of it too.” Soon all of the children agreed not to fight except for Joey and Laytoin. Laytoin said,” I am not going to get along with Joey but the rest of you are ok…I guess.” Joey rolled his eyes and said, “Whatever can we just play some ball?” The entire group of children started to walk to the field. “Girls are batting first,” Laytoin shouted. The boys groaned and said, “fine.” As the sun went down the bright field lights turned on.
Going Back To Thailand
By Krist Vinotai
Three years ago, when I was seven years old, I went to Thailand with my mom to visit our family. From Chicago to Thailand it takes two to three days on two airplanes. I didn’t feel tired even though the time is different than the U.S. When it is daytime in the U.S., it is nighttime in Thailand. From the airport, I went to my uncle’s house. I went to sleep right away because it was the middle of the night.
When I woke up the next morning, I saw many people wearing straw hats because it was boiling HOT! It feels like summer everyday in Thailand. The next morning, I went to buy food from the street vendors. There are more street vendors there than in the U.S. I bought banana custard desserts. Thai desserts are better than American desserts because they are sweet and creamy.
Another day, I went to the temple with my mom. The temples in Thailand are gold and have statues of giants outside of them. The giants hold swords to protect the temples. The monks wearing orange robes with almost bald heads were chanting for good luck.
My favorite memory of the trip was when we had a party at my uncle’s house. All of the family came to say goodbye to my mom and me. Someday I want to go back to Thailand to see my family again. I want to go back so badly that I would go on an airplane alone or try swimming there.
Playing with Teamwork
By: Jakiria Williams
In the gym at Carpenter School, my first basketball game was about to begin. The gym was huge. Lots of fans were cheering loudly with signs in the air. It is a boys’ team, and I am the only girl on it. The score board was set up. There was a sign on the wall that read, “GO! YOU CAN DO IT!” The coach’s name was Mr. Pancoto. The bench was empty because we were warming up. We played short games like shooting baskets. We were sweating because it was hot in the gym while we were warming-up. The gym smelled like sweat. About fifteen minutes before the game started, two referees blew their whistles to get started. People started to clap their hands and hold up signs. The players went to get a drink of Gatorade before the game got started.
Five players were picked by the coach to start the game. They were Johnny, Mastaiz, Divertia, Jeremy, and me. Johnny is about 5’6 and he is good at jump shots. Mastaiz is about 5’7 and he does really well with tricks like putting the ball between his legs. Divertia is 6’11 and he is great at blocking. Jeremy is 5’6 and he is super at three point shots. Then, there is me. I’m 5’4 and I’m wonderful at stealing. Also, I’m a fast runner. We play well together most of the time, and we always share the ball with each other. The game began after the coach picked the five players.
The game began and we were doing well. We were winning! Jeremy was making a lot of three point shots. I was stealing the ball until Johnny jumped up. He fell back on his ankles, and then jammed his ankles. Mr. Pancoto had to carry him. When Mr. Pancoto put Johnny on the floor he rushed to get an ice pack. Then, he helped Johnny wrap his ankle. After that, he put the ice on his ankles. He told Eric to take Johnny’s place.
Eric had the ball when Mastaiz said, “Pass the ball to me!” Eric did not want to throw the ball, but Mastaiz was open. Eric was not open and two people were on him blocking him. Eric held the ball and ran with it. It was a travel and one of the referees blew his whistle. Mastaiz got angry and he did not want to play anymore. Before Mastiaz left the gym, he told Eric that he can’t play basketball. Eric felt turned down and sad.
Johnny told Eric to come to him tiredly like he was about to fade. “Now look here. Pass the ball to your teammate,” said Johnny. Then, the coach said, “Why do you think we have other people playing with you? That is so you can pass the ball when you’re not open. Right?” Eric said, “Yeah, I guess.”
After that conversation, Eric went out to apologize to Mastaiz. He forgave him. When the scoreboard buzzed, they went back in the gym. Mastaiz had the ball this time. He threw it to Eric. Everybody gasped. Then, Eric thought about what Johnny and Mr. Pancoto said and remembered to pass the ball. One person was on him blocking. Jeremy was open, so Eric threw the ball to Jeremy. Johnny shot it and made a three point shot! Everybody was proud of Eric and Jeremy. We all ate pizza in the classroom while laughing and telling jokes.
THE END
SOLDIERS
One day I was watching an exciting movie called Transformers. There were these humongous robotic scorpions fighting the soldiers.The scorpions had a sharp tail that they tried to stab the soldiers with. In the end the soldiers killed the scorpions. I was so glad that the soldiers defeated the scorpions that it made me want to be a soldier when I grow up.
I already know a lot about what a soldier wears in combat. If a soldier is in the desert he needs to carry water. A soldier needs to wear a metal vest for good protection. Soldiers need weapons like smoke bombs to kill the enemy. They also carry hand weapons like pistols. Sometimes there is a sniper on top of a building and he will spot his enemy and release a bullet.
Brandon said:
SOLDIERS
One day I was watching an exciting movie called Transformers. There were these humongous robotic scorpions fighting the soldiers.The scorpions had a sharp tail that they tried to stab the soldiers with. In the end the soldiers killed the scorpions. I was so glad that the soldiers defeated the scorpions that it made me want to be a soldier when I grow up.
I already know a lot about what a soldier wears in combat. If a soldier is in the desert he needs to carry water. A soldier needs to wear a metal vest for good protection. Soldiers need weapons like smoke bombs to kill the enemy. They also carry hand weapons like pistols. Sometimes there is a sniper on top of a building and he will spot his enemy and release a bullet.
Brandon said
SOLDIERS
One day I was watching an exciting movie called Transformers. There were these humongous robotic scorpions fighting the soldiers. The scorpions had a sharp tail that they tried to stab the soldiers with. In the end the soldiers killed the scorpions. I was so glad that the soldiers defeated the scorpions that it made me want to be a soldier when I grow up.
I already know a lot about what a soldier wears in combat. If a soldier is in the desert he needs to carry water. A soldier needs to wear a metal vest for good protection. Soldiers need weapons like smoke bombs to kill the enemy. They also carry hand weapons like pistols. Sometimes there is a sniper on top of a building and he will spot his enemy and release a bullet.
The soldiers prepare for war at a training camp. First they learn how to aim a gun and then they spend many hours on target practice. They also practice how to carry a wounded soldier; I think they do this by carrying a bag full of sand over a long distance. It must be hard to fight in the jungle because there is so many bushes, plants and trees that make it difficult to see and shoot the enemy.
To be continued........
Post a Comment